Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

XServer and JWM on Debian Squezze, problem with graphic driver

Posted by Strece 
XServer and JWM on Debian Squezze, problem with graphic driver
September 18, 2012 07:11PM
Hey guys,

I have installed Whiite Linux with Debian Lenny on my Wii and updated it to Debian 6.0.
I edited the source.list and run a "apt-get dist-upgrade" after "apt-get update". No problems at all.

Then I wanted to install xserver and fluxbox, so I used the following instructions: [forum.wiibrew.org]
Installation was no problem, but I didn't find the xorg.conf. After some research I found out that it is better not to use the xorg.conf, because newer xservers can run good without it.

Ok I tested to start the xserver with "startx /usr/bin/jwm", get no errors but a green screen and a part of the JWM menu bar, screen size wasn't right. So I decided to use a xorg.conf, but the creation failed with the error:
Xorg: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/cube_drv.so: undefined symbol: LoaderRefSymLists

I created it manually and tried to start the xserver again, but then the same error:
/usr/bin/X: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/cube_drv.so: undefined symbol: LoaderRefSymLists

I think the driver is outdated. Can someone help me and know how to deal with this?

Greetings, Strece
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login