Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Risky?

Posted by ConVicT0 
Risky?
October 16, 2013 01:35PM
Hi everyone.

If I go to Wii mode on my WiiU and softmod it with letterbomb or something, is there any chance it can break my WiiU, or would it just damage the Wii part of it?

I've successfully softmodded 2 Wiis, but the second one ended up not being able to boot GC games from the disk channel (think it had something to do with diosmios), that doesn't matter anyway I don't plan to play GC backups.
Main issue was being unable to use the wii shop channel. this is what I don't want to happen with my WiiU/eShop, because that's where I buy my WiiU games.

So long story short: Is it completely safe to softmod the Wii part of a WiiU?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2013 01:49PM by ConVicT0.
Re: Risky?
October 16, 2013 02:30PM
Yes, it's safe. The absolute worst thing that could possibly happen is the vWii part of the WiiU not functioning correctly. Anything outside of the vWii sandbox cannot be modified in any way.

Also, you can easily access the Wii Shop Channel and also have homebrew on a regular Wii.
October 16, 2013 03:11PM
Excellent, thank you.
October 18, 2013 09:18AM
Also note that you cannot use Letterbomb on a Wii U vWii. You need a recent game exploit.
October 18, 2013 01:59PM
Yeah the only game I have is brawl and I can't seem to get it working.
I'm using a 2gb micro sd, is that likely the problem?
I mean the WiiU and vWii both detect the card but it won't allow me to copy anything back or forth from stage editor in SSBB

Edit: As I have a feeling I'm right, could someone tell me exactly which type of sd card to buy. Thanks in advance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2013 02:01PM by ConVicT0.
October 18, 2013 02:56PM
Since reading through some stuff, I've noticed that it apparently only works with ntsc versions, but then I saw somewhere that it now works on pal versions, which is it, works or doesn't?
I'll be using the pal version btw
Says it doesn't here, but says it does here
October 18, 2013 05:50PM
It works on PAL versions, there was an "unofficial" (i.e. not by original dev) port to PAL and Japan versions of the game. That statement on the Wiki must never have been updated to reflect this. I have fixed that now.
October 19, 2013 01:28AM
Like how you fix it so quickly, nice team.
Let y'all know how I got on when I get the correct SD :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2013 01:29AM by ConVicT0.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login