Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WiiPaste

Posted by ckinrun 
WiiPaste
October 08, 2009 06:54AM
Well, this isn't necessarily for the Wii, but I had nothing else to do...
Please move or sticky, or even delete this thread if one sees necessary.

I got kind of bored, and was on the internet, and was looking through paste bin, when I got this great idea.
I thought, what if we could have something like pastebin, but for Wii homebrew.
So, I set out working, and made exactly that.
Here is the finished result, it's working, and fully operational.
[wiipaste.muph1n.com]
You can change the source code by viewing it, and then changing it in the lower box, then subbmitting.
It will re-post it with a new id, but it will also remember what the last revision is/was.
So you can change the newest revision, but you can't change older ones, sort of like an archive.

Anywho that about sums it all up.
Feel free to use it, and what not.

I would like to hear your guy's input!
If you guys have any ideas, features, or suggestions, PLEASE!
Leave a response, and you never know, it'll probably end up being part of it!

If you encounter any bugs, or glitches, feel free to post them here, and I'll work on them.
In the future I plan on adding more feature though, such as being able to edit archived revisions, and create a new 'branch' to revise off of, and some other things.

Thanks for your time.
:D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2009 09:36AM by ckinrun.
Re: WiiPaste
October 08, 2009 09:17AM
Look at my main function! lol, I think you should add useful things to your wiipaste to make it the right chose to wii developers (it's just the title what relates it to wii right now), you could edit your first post and start asking for wii-useful-features developers would like to see in a wii-only pastebin. If I have any idea I'll let you know tomorrow... going to sleep right now.

Aruskano
October 08, 2009 09:27AM
Aruskano
Look at my main function! lol, I think you should add useful things to your wiipaste to make it the right chose to wii developers (it's just the title what relates it to wii right now), you could edit your first post and start asking for wii-useful-features developers would like to see in a wii-only pastebin. If I have any idea I'll let you know tomorrow... going to sleep right now.

Aruskano

A good idea, I'll do that right now.
October 08, 2009 06:14PM
One nice thing would be to add all the libogc header files and put an hyperlink when a function/define/const/... in the code refers to it. That would be very useful to click on a function to view the prototype.

It might not be easy to do, but it would be so cool ;)
October 08, 2009 08:09PM
if anything, i would expect doxygen devs to make something like this but if you can do it, why not
October 08, 2009 10:53PM
Crayon
One nice thing would be to add all the libogc header files and put an hyperlink when a function/define/const/... in the code refers to it. That would be very useful to click on a function to view the prototype.

It might not be easy to do, but it would be so cool ;)

It would take a bit, but I think I could actually do it.
I'd just have to add a new rule, but instad of making it color, I'd make it add a hyperlink.
Let me contemplate this, and see what I can do.
October 08, 2009 11:47PM
Instead of using directly the .h files, it would be easier "maybe" to use the generated HTML doxygen doc. Because, with an header file you can not scroll to the proper function.

Ex:
// Flush da video
VIDEO_Flush();
October 09, 2009 12:26AM
Oooohh.
That just made it so much more easier.
Alright, now I have a basis I can work off, lets see if I can integrate this...
Thanks Crayon!
October 09, 2009 04:46PM
Being a PHP programmer, I know there is quite a challenge here. I don't even know if it's possible! I don't know how doxygen is generating the "name" like the one posted before: f9c127c84daf9a81e31803744efe995f. I don't if there is a relation table somewhere that could be used for matching the function to the name?

I'm just putting a wish list here, ideas that might not be possible. You look like someone looking for a challenge, so I'm just feeding you. You decide what you do with the stuff I post, I'm not giving you orders, I just want to help :)
October 12, 2009 09:12PM
i would believe that it is an md5 hash as it has the correct structure but to be sure youd have to chuck it into cain and abel (hash cracking app)

the best way to implement doxygen would be to create a bot that parses the doxygen docs for links to each function, this is definitely a challenge and will probably take some time to do
October 13, 2009 10:57AM
I think I just laid out what you said in my head.
:P

If I have a mysql table that contains the function names, every time it encountered *.(*.)(In regex) it would read the entire word, cut out the (*.), then it would have the preceding function name, and due to there being no spaces, can look the the mysql table and pull out the hyperlink to the corresponding function.
"Where function='$trimmedFunc'"
then perform an operation from there.
Also, I had to entertain relatives, but I'm back now.
Seems simple enough, but I'll see what I can pull out of the hat messing around with the source.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2009 10:58AM by ckinrun.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login