Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bluetooth Communication

Posted by animanmaster 
Bluetooth Communication
April 29, 2011 10:35PM
Hi all!

I've recently started looking into Wii homebrew and wanted to make a CS project out of it. Do any of you awesome homebrew coders know of a library or any code samples using libogc's lwbt that I can use for Bluetooth communication? I looked at lwbt in the libogc library and couldn't really make it work. There isn't any documentation for it either, which makes it more difficult :/ So I was hoping that someone who has had experience with messing with Bluetooth on the Wii could help :)

Ideally, I'd like to be able to open a Bluetooth socket and use that to communicate with another Bluetooth-enabled device (like an Android device, for example). The Android SDK seems to only have an API for the RFCOMM layer, but if I can open up an L2CAP socket on the Wii, I should be able to implement a simple RFCOMM layer on top of it. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Re: Bluetooth Communication
May 01, 2011 11:02AM
I’ve not seen anyone trying this on the Wii – lots of computer science projects out there that reverse engineering the wiimote to fit other hardware, not yet seen anything that pairs up a Bluetooth device with the Wii.
From looking at the Bluetooth base library (bte.h) it’s interface looks good to go – I would of thought it fits the standards.
Think your exploring new territory – good luck
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login