Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Multitexturing in GX for Wii?

Posted by Izhido 
Multitexturing in GX for Wii?
March 15, 2012 03:33AM
Hello everyone!

Once again, my google skills failed me.

Do you people have any examples of code that does multiple textures on a single polygon in GX hardware for Wii, that you're not using right now? :)

I'm having some issues with z-fighting on a project I'm working on, and I think that's because it is trying to blend 2 polygons with different textures, when the coordinates of such polygons can't really be guaranteed to be the same in code.

Besides, I really would like to learn how to do multitexturing.

Any help you can give me will be highly appreciated!
Re: Multitexturing in GX for Wii?
March 15, 2012 10:33AM
In this function you can see how a texture is set-up for a specific unit. Here you can see how to set the blending mode between texture stages.

I've got an example on multitexturing in Wire3D if that is of any help to you.
March 15, 2012 09:39PM
@antibyte: Thanks! It seems you have quite a nice graphics engine. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to extract the important bits related to multitexturing; and that was because I actually didn't know what I was supposed to find.

However, a tip from WinterMute and his, apparently, awesome google-fu skills, brought out what I needed to find. The response is here, in case you might want to know:

[devkitpro.org]

Again, thanks for your help, anyway!
March 16, 2012 06:27AM
also check out this lib; [forum.wiibrew.org]
March 16, 2012 11:56AM
Note that if the textures are the same size and are using the same co-ords, you don't need to generate more than one set of texture co-ordinates:
// make TEV stage 1 use the first set of texture co-ordinates
GX_SetTevOrder(GX_TEVSTAGE1, GX_TEXCOORD0, GX_TEXMAP1, GX_COLOR0A0);
For the NeHe lesson 6 example you posted this would greatly cut down the amount of direct data being pushed into the FIFO.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login