Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wiindows OS Boot Demo

Posted by AllRight 
Wiindows OS Boot Demo
January 08, 2010 01:11AM
[www.mediafire.com]
just a quick demo i put together showing The Wii OS (Codename: Wiindows)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2010 02:29AM by AllRight.
Re: Wiindows OS Boot Demo
January 08, 2010 05:21PM
no more details than that? most people won't run that on their wiis if thats all the info you give us.
January 08, 2010 10:47PM
It's A Operating System I'm Coding For The Wii. No NAND Changes Or Anything Dangerous Like that. It's Just A Simple Boot Process. A Proof Of Concept RC If You Will.
January 08, 2010 10:54PM
What does the "Simple Boot Process" do? Since the Wii is already turned on there should be no need for boot processes.
January 08, 2010 10:56PM
it just gives the wii 3-4 seconds of buffer time once you load the dol file from the HBC, its more or less a loading screen with a catchy Windows-Esque Startup noise
January 08, 2010 11:25PM
AllRight
It's A Operating System I'm Coding For The Wii. No NAND Changes Or Anything Dangerous Like that. It's Just A Simple Boot Process. A Proof Of Concept RC If You Will.
Why Do You Capitalize Every Word?
January 09, 2010 04:04AM
AllRight
it just gives the wii 3-4 seconds of buffer time
Erm, buffer time is a bad thing. You should work as hard as possible to limit it as much as you can.
January 09, 2010 05:44PM
So basically its an animation with a sound? Right, sounds like you've made a great start on that OS then... (note: sarcasm)
January 10, 2010 02:23AM
SifJar
So basically its an animation with a sound? Right, sounds like you've made a great start on that OS then... (note: sarcasm)
Not even that, I loaded it and it just says "Wii OS initializing..." and then "Initialized"
and then home returns to the HBC
January 10, 2010 03:30AM
huh? im really confused. this is proof of concept of what exactly? playing a sound? showing a picture? i think there are already several hundred proofs of that concept.
January 10, 2010 11:31PM
AllRight
it just gives the wii 3-4 seconds of buffer time once you load the dol file from the HBC, its more or less a loading screen with a catchy Windows-Esque Startup noise

You're calthephenom, aren't you?
January 11, 2010 11:44AM
tueidj
AllRight
You're calthephenom, aren't you?
Yes he is. Still trying to figure out if he is a troll or a just a very excited kid.
January 11, 2010 12:41PM
IP address matches up with the old calthephenom's. The old calthephenom was banned from here for spamming warez, I really dont want him around here in any form.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.