Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

commandeerMii - take controll of miis

Posted by giantpune 
commandeerMii - take controll of miis
January 12, 2011 10:13PM
This is a program that gets your wii's mac address, then reads all the miis on your wii and changes the mac address field in them to match your mac. the end result is ( hopefully ) that you can download a mii from the checkmiiout channel or copy one from a different wii via wiimote and be able to edit it on your own wii.

Obviously you are in the testing area. It would be wise to have a nand backup before using this.
If my calculating is wrong, it will break all your Miis and you will not be able to edit any of them!! If it corrupts them, then all game save data that depends on that mii may be broken/lost!!

im not 100% sure about the mac stored in the Miis. And I have not done any RE of the system menu/mii channel. But from looking at the Miis in my wiis, it is calculated by this formula...

u8 mac[ 6 ] = ...get mac address from wii...;
u32 macForMiis = ( ( mac[ 0 ] + mac[ 1 ] + mac[ 2 ] ) << 24 ) | ( mac[ 3 ] << 16 ) | ( mac[ 4 ] << 8 ) | mac[ 5 ];

im not sure what the mii channel does in the case of the first 3 bytes, but this is working ok for the 3 different wiis ive used it on. if somebody knows differently, please let me know. i have added a little check in there, so if it doesnt see any existing miis with the mac calculated with the above code, it will look for 2 miis who's last 3 bytes match the one from the wii and use that. It should make it a bit less likely to clobber all your miis.

[www.multiupload.com]

Moderator Edit: The link is broken. Here's a working one: [www.mediafire.com]

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2012 02:26PM by SifJar.
Re: commandeerMii - take controll of miis
January 16, 2011 08:18PM
it in a tar.bz22 or some format how do u open it
January 16, 2011 08:32PM
7-zip can open it: [www.7-zip.org]
January 30, 2011 11:58PM
it worked perfectly it allowed mii to edit miis that were not mine
May 25, 2011 08:25PM
Only noticed this today looking for something new to play with.
I tried a few things and everthing worked flawless.

The only time it never just ran as normal was when I took these steps.
1 - Deleted all miis from Wii_1
2 - Created several miis on Wii_2
3 - Moved all the miis to Wii_1

Your app printed out the...."I made a math error. It wouldn't be smart for me to continue. You can help me cheat by going to the mii channel and creating a few miis for me to sample"

So I did just that by creating 2 new miis on the console and ran your app again, it worked flawless.

:D

Do you intend to add other features (edit,backup,make special etc), or will this be a final version ?
May 25, 2011 09:53PM
the way i made it work, it tries to calculate the MAC address that it should be using, and then compare that against some miis you already have. since you didnt have anything for it to compare against ( at least nothing that it will compare against and get the expected result ), it doesnt continue. this is the cause of the "bug" you got. it is just a safety feature to keep it from patching every single mii with the wrong mac address and breaking them all.

as far as new features, i probably wont be adding them. the reason i made this is to allow editing of miis that are downloaded from the checkMiiOut channel. it is not intended to be any sort of mii manager or anything. there are already some of those floating around.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2011 09:58PM by giantpune.
June 13, 2011 12:09AM
It's worth noting that miis are tied to some games and results are on a per game basis.

So an example or two.

If you have Mario Kart Wii and you change your miis you will need to select miis again, but you will keep your records etc.

WiiPlay on the other hand will make you select new miis and when you do all your records will be gone.

Just thought I'd mention this (depending on the game you can have work-arounds if you extract the save) so use this app knowing that in advance.
May 29, 2012 03:09AM
Is it possible to install this from the Homebrew browser?

Regards
May 29, 2012 02:24PM
Emarrodz
Is it possible to install this from the Homebrew browser?

Regards

Don't think so, just download it and put it on your SD card manually.

EDIT: Although the link in the first post is broken. Use this one: [www.mediafire.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2012 02:26PM by SifJar.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login