June 16, 2009 01:46AM
DUDE sick!
Re: A Wii PC
June 16, 2009 03:18PM
That's nice.
June 17, 2009 03:21AM
[www.tigerdirect.com]

Now that one would be sick. It would be the first 1080p wii!
June 24, 2009 12:00AM
*That spec was for a minimum requirement for Pico-ITX boards. I don't know what his board has on it exactly as Pico-ITX is simply a form-factor...sorry*

"The S3 Graphics UniChrome Pro II is a DirectX 7 (without T&L) onboard graphics solution (shared memory) of VIA for laptops with VIA C7-M CPU and VX700 North-Bridge, which is intended for office applications and hardly suited for 3D games. There is no Aero support.

The 128-bit 3D graphic core offers hardware DirectX 7 support but without Transform & Lightning (T&L) unit. Two pixel pipelines are able to render two textures per turn with a triangle rate of up to 4.5 million triangles. The pixel filling rate is up to 200 million pixels per second (texel up to 400 millions)."

I don't think that 3d would be capable of running Wii at all, let alone any 3d game less than 4 or 5 years old. My Radeon Xpress 200M has more power than it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2009 12:05AM by dewdude.
June 25, 2009 05:21AM
4 or 5 years, eh? Be interesting to play the greatest shooting game of all time (11 years old) with a wii-mote. And i'm not talking about halo either. =-P starsige tribes is still around. anyways, i'd think a web browser would be hard to use with the wii remote. then again, i just typed this on a psp, so anything's possible. (never could use the wii's browser)
June 25, 2009 05:20PM
No... it's not going to run the Wii Emulator. But performance wise it's doing really well with just the generic video card drivers. I still have to work out how to compile the VIA drivers as I believe this is the answer to getting max performance out of the graphics.

I've been busy with work over the past couple of weeks so I've not had much time to work on the WiiPC. I do almost have everything mounted in the case, so will post more pics soon.
June 29, 2009 02:01AM
musicinstinct
No... it's not going to run the Wii Emulator. But performance wise it's doing really well with just the generic video card drivers. I still have to work out how to compile the VIA drivers as I believe this is the answer to getting max performance out of the graphics.

I've been busy with work over the past couple of weeks so I've not had much time to work on the WiiPC. I do almost have everything mounted in the case, so will post more pics soon.
I didnt mean it like that when i said 1080p wii. I meant it would look like a wii and would be HD. Not that it would actually play wii games.
June 29, 2009 07:44AM
ChuckBartowski
I didnt mean it like that when i said 1080p wii. I meant it would look like a wii and would be HD. Not that it would actually play wii games.

yeah, got that - i was replying to an earlier comment about running dolphin.
June 29, 2009 04:52PM
Hey, can we see some more pictures?
July 27, 2009 07:13PM
Did you ever get this going?
July 30, 2009 06:04PM
Unfortunately all my WiiDev and this WiiPC project has had to come to a standstill while I sort out some other problems.

I hope to be back on this soon.
September 20, 2009 03:47AM
so how is this going?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login