Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PS2 Emulator for Wii.

Posted by GoldenAlchemist 
Re: PS2 Emulator for Wii.
September 16, 2008 12:57AM
strongfan
too bad the only means of doing that is piracy and/or will lead to piracy...

Well that's what emulators are for. You don't pop a N64 cart in your Wii when you use Wii64.

Edit:

Also PS1 is old as dirt and games for it can only be found used in junk bins of stores for 2 bucks and are in crappy condition. It shouldn't even really be considered piracy to download an ISO of a game that is forgotten and not commercially sold anymore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2008 01:01AM by GoldenAlchemist.
September 16, 2008 01:00AM
It's not really concidered piracy if you can't obtain in any other way. Some stores still sell new PSX games. However no store I have ever seen sells new N64 games.
September 16, 2008 01:01AM
GoldenAlchemist
strongfan

Well that's what emulators are for. You don't pop a N64 cart in your Wii when you use Wii64.

Your right, but it is to bad. I have also been excited with the possibility of a "real game" emulator since the release of libdi.

But if it can't be done, it can't be done, let's move on...

Edit: and yeah, it DOES require piracy, but not the kind anyone cares about.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2008 01:01AM by wowfunhappy.
September 16, 2008 01:06AM
strongfan
It's not really concidered piracy if you can't obtain in any other way. Some stores still sell new PSX games. However no store I have ever seen sells new N64 games.

True but none of the PSX games they do sell new are any good. Only reason they have them is probably because they've been on the shelves for years and nobody has bought them and probably never will.

Also "pirating" is the only way to get rare games like Final Fantasy VII, Suikoden, and Suikoden II. I've searched far and wide for those and I can only find them online for 100 bucks.
September 16, 2008 03:51AM
GoldenAlchemist
strongfan

Edit:

Also PS1 is old as dirt and games for it can only be found used in junk bins of stores for 2 bucks and are in crappy condition. It shouldn't even really be considered piracy to download an ISO of a game that is forgotten and not commercially sold anymore.

But alot of people have .iso's they backed up of their own games.
Which is perfectly legal.
September 16, 2008 07:49AM
GoldenAlchemist
Also "pirating" is the only way to get rare games like Final Fantasy VII, Suikoden, and Suikoden II. I've searched far and wide for those and I can only find them online for 100 bucks.

so pirating is not the only way
September 16, 2008 11:08PM
daniel_c_w
GoldenAlchemist

so pirating is not the only way

Its the only way to get it without having to pay an arm and a leg for a disc that is probably scratched up and unplayable.
September 17, 2008 05:10AM
No piracy is necessary; anyone can copy PSX games with off-the-shelf equipment these days, which means they can copy their own discs. Or hell, it could use an external USB CD-ROM drive.
September 18, 2008 12:44AM
my point is that it will LEAD to piracy. But I must admit, the last time I saw a PSX game new on the shelf was 2 years ago.
September 18, 2008 04:30AM
strongfan
my point is that it will LEAD to piracy. But I must admit, the last time I saw a PSX game new on the shelf was 2 years ago.

All emulators lead to piracy, always have, always will. But the PSX is a dead system and its games are no longer manufactured and commercially sold so who gives a rat's ass? Its not like Sony and the game companies that made them are losing any money now.
September 18, 2008 08:19PM
Whether or not this is true this community does not support piracy and it should not be discussed here. Please get back on topic or this thread will most likely be closed.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2008 08:22PM by Link_of_Hyrule.
September 19, 2008 05:15AM
Link_of_Hyrule
Whether or not this is true this community does not support piracy and it should not be discussed here. Please get back on topic or this thread will most likely be closed.

Ok no more piracy talk.

But this topic has run its course and went way off topic so go ahead and close it if you want.
September 20, 2008 10:36AM
I would but I'm only staff on the irc right now other wise i'd combined the Wii64 threads and delete/merge a couple others.
September 27, 2008 05:06AM
If a ps2 emulator is not possible for wii,
would it mean that the wii can not do better than the ps2

or there's something about a system needing to be 5 times better than the console people wants emulating and blah blah?
September 27, 2008 03:50PM
Paradox
If a ps2 emulator is not possible for wii,
would it mean that the wii can not do better than the ps2

No, it would not mean that.
Emulation requires extra power, because it has to "translate" between the ps2 and the wii in real time.

And by the way: no standard wii control sheme supports all the buttons needed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2008 03:53PM by daniel_c_w.
September 27, 2008 04:15PM
Classic controller has all the buttons. Gamecube is one button short.
September 27, 2008 10:03PM
Arikado
Classic controller has all the buttons. Gamecube is one button short.

Incorrect, Classic controller doesn't have L3 and R3, the joystick buttons don't press down.
September 27, 2008 10:49PM
No, you're incorrect. HOME and the button in the middle of zl and zr make up for the lack of l3 and r3. Awkward? Yes. But there are enough buttons.
September 28, 2008 01:14AM
Are you on about the very centre of the top of the classic controller? If so, this isn't a gaming button, it doesn't register any flags on the console.

What it does is opens some sort of catch on the reverse of the classic controller, as though there was some belt clip they forgot to market, and it was a way of unclipping it.
September 28, 2008 05:00AM
whodares
Are you on about the very centre of the top of the classic controller? If so, this isn't a gaming button, it doesn't register any flags on the console.

What it does is opens some sort of catch on the reverse of the classic controller, as though there was some belt clip they forgot to market, and it was a way of unclipping it.

Its for a grip that is sold for the classic controller. But its not a button for interaction and if the home button is always used to exit the emulator and you would have to restart your Wii every time without it, so technically I am not incorrect.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.