Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Please Help !!

Posted by kouri 
Please Help !!
June 30, 2009 06:48PM
Hello all, (hope I am at the right place as I don't know what "brew" refers to)
I try to use a wiimote on my PC (XP SP2) through a tool called wiiFlash

I used a first BT dongle (RocketFish RF-MRBTAD ) but it didn't work (I can't bypass the step when WidComm compels a mysterious pairing key..) I then got a second dongle ( TrendNet TBW-102UB) but it failed too...(although this page [www.wiili.org] says it should work...)

I spend many hours ... to download ...install...reboot ...uninstall...reboot...reinstall... all these tools:

- each drivers provided on CD
- recent version of WidComm
- BlueSoleil 6.4.249
- recent version of BlueSoleil (6.4.261)
- BlueSoleil Gamii 2.0
- BlueSoleil Hardware check tool 6.4 that failed for both dongles :(
- GlovePIE
- WiinRemote

No way ! The best I got is my wiimote being connected to my TrendNet dongle. But no dedicated app could control it (I use WiiFlash that tells me no wiimote is connected, WinRemote returns me an Error 5 [Access denied] )

So if somebody could give me a hand or recommand me a (third!!!) BT dongle, I'd appreciate !

Thx !

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2009 06:58PM by kouri.
Re: Please Help !!
June 30, 2009 07:45PM
I'm afraid this isn't really the right place for that. This forum is about getting homebrew (unsigned code created by hobbyists) running on the Wii, not using a Wiimote on PC. Although someone may still be able to help you.
June 30, 2009 08:43PM
Thank you and sorry for that...
June 30, 2009 11:29PM
SifJar
I'm afraid this isn't really the right place for that. This forum is about getting homebrew (unsigned code created by hobbyists) running on the Wii, not using a Wiimote on PC. Although someone may still be able to help you.

BUT this is the offtopic section, so whatever, someone help him!
(Besides I'm interested in a solution too, since I have a similar problem =P )
July 01, 2009 12:01AM
Well, my brother managed to get it working, but I'm not 100% sure how. Basically, he has Vista, so when he plugged in the bluetooth dongle it automatically installed the driver, then he just paired the devices through Windows Bluetooth Wizard or something similarly named, built into Windows. Then he used GlovePIE and some scripts he found online to do stuff. Dunno if that helps at all. And sorry for saying that before, didn't realise I'd stumbled into off topic section. ;)
July 17, 2009 05:34PM
Thx to all,

@DanielHueho: I finally found a solution without getting a third dongle :-).
The idea is to make Windows BT stack accept your key without a certified XP driver. You just have to properly patch the Windows/inf/bth.inf file to make it know your dongle manufacter and model. Then reboot and install driver when requested.That's it !

No more need of Blue Soleil,WidComm or whatever...

For details please check this post : http://www.wiimoteproject.com/bluetooth-and-connectivity-help-center/pairing-problems/

Best

Kouri

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2009 05:36PM by kouri.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login