Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

YouTube, Bannerbomb, copyright claim by Nintendo

Posted by bg4545 
Re: YouTube, Bannerbomb, copyright claim by Nintendo
July 10, 2009 04:22AM
zwhateverurnameis
would i be the king of an über off topic section? =p

Ya, probably. I could be pretty offtopic, if i wanted to, though....
July 10, 2009 10:06AM
If the tutorials only demonstrate how to install and run warez launchers, without demoing the game content, then no copyright is violated, even if copyright violation is the aim. This is how I read scanff - I would be less eager to shoot him down, if I were you, since he knows what he's talking about.
July 10, 2009 03:14PM
alainvey
If the tutorials only demonstrate how to install and run warez launchers, without demoing the game content, then no copyright is violated, even if copyright violation is the aim. This is how I read scanff - I would be less eager to shoot him down, if I were you, since he knows what he's talking about.
Seconded. Not sure how an argument managed to come out of that discussion.
July 10, 2009 03:18PM
ChuckBartowski
i guess your dumb. Whoops did i say that out loud?
Unneccessary flaming!

ChuckBartowski
They can do everyhting in theyre power to a warez tutorial. Yes, they dont own the software running the warez, but they do own the games that are being run. SifJar is right.

But if a video shows no copyrighted material being run, there is nothing that can be done.
I think Scanff is right.

PhoenixTank
alainvey
Thirded (SCNR)

Seriously: There are som countries, where it is illegal to distribute or create software, that circumvent copy prevention mechanisms.
But a backup launcher (not creator) does not apply

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2009 03:23PM by daniel_c_w.
July 10, 2009 03:24PM
z400100500
dayum...and isn't the system menu also ninty software? have quite a day with that. P.S would i be the king of an über off topic section? =p

Ironicly, your statement was productive and on-topic.
July 10, 2009 04:41PM
PhoenixTank
alainvey
Agreed, considering scanff is probably the most knowledgeable person in this topic, it's probably not the best idea to go trying to piss him off. IMO, you will lose.
July 10, 2009 07:06PM
It was not my intention to upset anyone. Nor do I know everything about copyright. But having said that my company just had to take legal action against someone who stole our copyright. The result is pretty cut and dry (at least in the US). If you made it, or payed for it, it's your IP.
July 10, 2009 07:16PM
Does IP stand for Intellectual Property or something else?

And soz for disagreeing with you, I guess I misunderstood you before. Soz.
July 11, 2009 11:08PM
I get it now..... It just sounded like he was saying that it would be running a game. I now read my own post with shame.... :(
July 12, 2009 10:47PM
I know this is a bit after-the-fact, but here's some screenshots I took (using my iPod touch) of the notice I got when I went onto YouTube.

And no, you don't get to see my private video :)
July 12, 2009 11:46PM
I am still surpirsed, that it just says "Nintendo".
Sounds very informal to me.
July 13, 2009 03:24AM
For some reason, I suspect that maybe someone send a fake letter to YouTube...
July 13, 2009 03:44AM
DanielHueho
For some reason, I suspect that maybe someone send a fake letter to YouTube...
Who other than nintendo themselves dislikes homebrew? But the name does soind fishy. I think it would say "Nintendo Inc." Or "Nintendo of America/Europe/Japan"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login