Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Crediars "Freedom"

Posted by WaxyPumpkin72 
Crediars "Freedom"
July 24, 2009 05:07AM
Does anyone know what this is? I just found it on Tehskeen, but there's no download on the wiibrew page for some reason.....would it be worth getting?
Re: Crediars "Freedom"
July 24, 2009 05:49AM
It's a System Menu replacement. There's no download on Wiibrew because the currently released version is dangerous and includes a USB loader.

Right now it replaces the System Menu completely, so you can no longer access your original System Menu. You would lose some features of your current System Menu and the GUI isn't as nice, but if you enjoy beta testing you could try it out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2009 05:54AM by MattMan.
July 24, 2009 05:54AM
Ah, I see. Thanks for the info. :D

Edit: How is it dangerous? I guess it doesn't really matter (I have NAND backup(s) xD), but I'm just curious....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2009 06:18AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
July 24, 2009 11:54AM
Well it removes your System Menu, if something goes wrong in the process (i.e. you lose power) you brick. Also, in freedom, there is no way to set up WiFi or sync remotes, so if you need to sync a remote, its impossible, meaning if you have one remote and it needs synced, you're completely screwed as there is no way to get to system menu to sync it. In actual fact, its kinda like a brick. Of course if you have bootmii as boot2 with a NAND dump it should be ok, but still...I really dont see why it couldn't just have been a .dol file which could have been loaded from preloader.
July 24, 2009 07:04PM
"Freedom"... That's almost ironic =P
Anyway, I'm not using it in my Wii, even with BootMii installed.

(Althought it should be easy to reinstall the SysMenu using AnyRegion Changer...
July 24, 2009 08:54PM
Actually, its easier than that to reinstall System Menu. You just get a System Menu WAD using NUSD and install it with the built in WAD Importer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login