Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

General C++ Tutorial

Posted by Alex 
General C++ Tutorial
July 31, 2008 07:41PM
I think we need just a basic tutorial, designed to get people started with C++, then we can get them started on Wii Programming. For general C++ coding, I recommend this:

Getting Started with C++
Re: General C++ Tutorial
July 31, 2008 08:49PM
I recomend learnCPP.
I like CProgramming for more advanced tutoriuals.
July 31, 2008 11:07PM
hmm, nice, i'm trying to get in C++ after my upcoming vacation (again :p )
August 01, 2008 02:43AM
I originally used the book C++ in 21 days.
August 01, 2008 03:41AM
I suggest C++ for dummies. Even if you have absolutely no clue of how to install software or what C++ is that will be changed to full developing champion before your done.
August 01, 2008 05:40AM
If you like I can post up a very indepth C++ tutorial that i wrote for a book a while back
August 01, 2008 05:47AM
Sure, that would be helpful.
August 01, 2008 05:47AM
ohk where do you want me to post it?
August 01, 2008 05:49AM
Put it in the wiki. That might work.
August 01, 2008 05:50AM
Give me a link please.
August 01, 2008 05:52AM
August 01, 2008 05:54AM
Wont let me edit.
August 01, 2008 05:55AM
August 01, 2008 06:01AM
Some of the tags didn't work correctly but for what its worth its there now.
August 01, 2008 10:27AM
Which page? not /Tutorial...
August 01, 2008 10:34AM
Its currently marked for deletion, meh, try and be helpful and people don't like it haha. If you want my honest opinion on programming with C++, learn to do it on a PC first then it won't be so hard going into programming wii (even though it is one of the easiest consoles to program for), to teach a begginer everything there is to printing "hello world" to the screen on wii, then he/she would be swarmed with information about vidio buffers, initializing video drivers etc... there are hundereads of good C++ tutorials, www.cprogramming.com , www.cplusplus.com, and more, I would advise all who haven't programmed C++ before and want to program wii, learn programming on your PC first and possibly a little about how video cards work (if your interested in programming the graphics side of it all). Posting up C++ tutorials on the forum as well as C++ specialized tutorials would probably get more people interested as well as make it easier to ask a question on something to do with programming. I don't know if anyone considered it, but it would be far easier programming C# for wii than C++, although I don't know if people can be bothered setting up an environment for using C#. either way, everything is up to you, what you wanna do is not my descision but consider what I have mentioned.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2008 10:48AM by WiiPhlex.
August 01, 2008 03:57PM
I'll like to program C# for the wii. But... the wii doesn't have a framework... as .net and mono, and I can't find any results for compiling and building C#.

August 01, 2008 04:19PM
The page has been moved by Blooper4912 to [wiibrew.org]
August 02, 2008 03:28AM
Ohk, thanks for that.
August 02, 2008 06:53AM
You know, before I take the plunge...I need to make sure of something. Does anyone know if C++ will become outdated anytime soon? Because I really want to learn it. I just don't want to if it's going to be replace by like C+++.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login