Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

URGENT HELP ASAP DISC PROBLEM

Posted by ICEing 
URGENT HELP ASAP DISC PROBLEM
August 25, 2009 11:17PM
I just bought the Metroid Prime Trilogy and it says "unable to read disc" I returned it and got a new one it said the same message. I updated to 4.1 it said the same nonsense. I called Nintendo they said since my Wii is old it may not be able to read the disc because its "dual something" I dont know. Is this a result of homebrew?? Because it reads every single game I have no problem except that game. Any ideas how to get it working?

And if I DO send it in for repairs. Nintendo will remove homebrew im sure right? Once I get the Wii back can I still re-install homebrew and bootmii?
Re: URGENT HELP ASAP DISC PROBLEM
August 25, 2009 11:19PM
It is because you have one of the very few wiis that dont read Dual-Layer Discs very well (Smash Bros. Brawl and Metroid Prime Trilogy). Yes if you send it into nintendo they will get rid of it and possibly update other things. (boot1 and 2)
August 25, 2009 11:25PM
TopGun96
It is because you have one of the very few wiis that dont read Dual-Layer Discs very well (Smash Bros. Brawl and Metroid Prime Trilogy). Yes if you send it into nintendo they will get rid of it and possibly update other things. (boot1 and 2)

If they do remove and update it, can I still re-download the HBC and bootmii?
August 25, 2009 11:27PM
They cant update boot1. And updadting boot2 will do no good, bootmii uses an exploit present in boot1, there's nothing they can do to stop you reinstalling HBC, DVDx and BootMii. The only thing they could do is send you a new Wii, in which case you wont be able to install BootMii as boot2, but everything else will work fine.
August 25, 2009 11:32PM
SifJar
They cant update boot1. And updadting boot2 will do no good, bootmii uses an exploit present in boot1, there's nothing they can do to stop you reinstalling HBC, DVDx and BootMii. The only thing they could do is send you a new Wii, in which case you wont be able to install BootMii as boot2, but everything else will work fine.

IF they send me a new Wii, Cant you install bootmii some other way? I thought you could
August 25, 2009 11:35PM
IOS but it doesnt do much yet... and Sif Jar, I think they can replace the NAND chip with one that has a newer Boot 1. Then replace all the personal data
August 26, 2009 01:47AM
Its because you have a dirty disc laser. Nintendo will clean it for free.
August 26, 2009 12:39PM
Arikado
Its because you have a dirty disc laser. Nintendo will clean it for free.
arent there any disc cleaners for wii, it might tough fitting it in
August 27, 2009 05:45AM
theres an official nintendo disc drive cleaner i have and its cheap only 10 bucks (:
and you can use it many, many times

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2009 05:45AM by darklink.
August 27, 2009 06:04AM
but i believe some wii drives can't read dual-layer discs
August 28, 2009 07:57PM
bg4545
they are actually rare, normally its just dust
August 29, 2009 01:29AM
I think I read somewhere that only 1% of all wii's have that problem. (might be wrong) But yes it is a very rare thing indeed.
August 29, 2009 12:45PM
TopGun96
I think I read somewhere that only 1% of all wii's have that problem. (might be wrong) But yes it is a very rare thing indeed.
its rare for the laser to be a different model, its common for dust to get inside if you dont look after you discs
September 01, 2009 01:48AM
bg4545

I think you're right about that. My disc drive has a lot of trouble reading discs (especially SSBB), sometimes they won't even run at all. SSBB is duel-layered, isn't it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2009 01:48AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
September 01, 2009 01:53AM
Yes SSBB is a Dual Layer disc
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login