Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New, free version of the Internet Channel released. Users who previously paid will get one NES VC Game for free!

Posted by SpyroDragon 
I just saw this this on WiiBrew News:

1 September 09: Nintendo have released a new version of the Internet Channel. The new version offers updated flash and is free. Users who have previously paid will be offered a free NES Virtual Console title.

The exact update message here:
[wiibrew.org]

Nice move of Nintendo. :]

Apparently we will have to wait a bit for the free VC NES game though ->

Starting later in October, Nintendo will be offering a NES title from Virtual Console worth 500 Wii Points to those Wii owners who have already spent 500 Wii Points on the Wii Internet Channel.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2009 12:49AM by SpyroDragon.
i like that but i got my internet channel when it was free so no nes game for me ):
I know what NES game I would be getting if it was ONLY ON THERE. C'MON NINTENDO EARTHBOUND ZERO is ALREADY TRANSLATED!!!
They could have atleast put in tabbed browsing!
Wouldn't let me up date, so i erased the internet channel and reinstalled it. Everything seem good and back to normal!
wiicrew
Wouldn't let me up date, so i erased the internet channel and reinstalled it. Everything seem good and back to normal!
I couldnt get to the shopping channel in the first place anyway because my 4.0 update corrupted halfway and luckily didnt brick
Homebrew checks maybe before updating? I know that some people from other places couldnt get it working either. It may just be that the servers are overloaded though too...
LOL!

Maybe just a coincidence, but I posted (almost a month ago) on the "everybody votes" channel, a question exactly over this! (Should Nintendo make the internet channel free again?)

Should I post another question: Should Nintendo embrace the homebrew channel? hahahahaha

Very cool of them to make it free :)
SLotman
Should I post another question: Should Nintendo embrace the homebrew channel? hahahahaha
iceing sent his wii to nintendo for fixing and he told them over the phone that he had HBC and they said it was fine,
[forum.wiibrew.org]
Yes, but I think they removed it.

I think Nintendo should open up the Wii (not fully, obviously) something like XNA Game Studio for the 360, LET people make homebrew officially. Of course, it'd have to run in a restricted environment, to prevent "backup" loaders etc, but they should make a "homebrew channel" available from Wii Shop, and let you download free games for it, made by others. I really think it would improve the Wii, and potentially expand the audience of the console.

But sadly I doubt they ever will do this...
They probably wont do that for the same reason Apple wont let Cydia in the App Store
because ppl would get apps for free and nintendo doesnt want that (i think)
Yeah, after the pre-NES video game crash, Nintendo released, (guess what) the NES. The cartridges had a lockout chip which meant to be able to run 3rd party games the 3rd party had to pay Nintendo for a licence. Having an app like this would make them lose money, and any self respecting company doesn't want to lose money, do they?
exactly
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login