Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

For those of you afraid to send your Wii's to Nintendo...

Posted by ICEing 
For those of you afraid to send your Wii's to Nintendo...
September 08, 2009 09:13PM
I recently had to send my Wii to Nintendo due to some problems with my disc not loading. I spoke with a representative over the fone at first and explained the problem. He said it was no problem and that it would be fixed. I then told him (honestly) that I modded my wii and that I had the HBC. He didnt seem too shocked and just said "thats no problem at all and I wouldnt worry about it." So I sent my Wii (After deleting the HBC from my Wii Menu) an a week later I get it back. The problem I had was fixed, they put in a new disc drive and it loads A LOT faster and sounds smoother. In addition no other changes to my Wii were made. I was able to re-install the HBC using Bannerbomb just fine. In addition my Bootmii installed as boot2 still worked perfectly and my DVDX works as well.

So on a good note, sending Wii's to Nintendo is just fine :) Just thought I would share this with you guys.
Re: For those of you afraid to send your Wii's to Nintendo...
September 09, 2009 12:29AM
where do you live??
September 09, 2009 12:29PM
Yeah, I've had the same identical issue, and they repaired it (not for free, because it was out of warranty). It should arrive today.

(I live in Italy)
September 09, 2009 09:33PM
ICEing
I recently had to send my Wii to Nintendo due to some problems with my disc not loading. I spoke with a representative over the fone at first and explained the problem. He said it was no problem and that it would be fixed. I then told him (honestly) that I modded my wii and that I had the HBC. He didnt seem too shocked and just said "thats no problem at all and I wouldnt worry about it." So I sent my Wii (After deleting the HBC from my Wii Menu) an a week later I get it back. The problem I had was fixed, they put in a new disc drive and it loads A LOT faster and sounds smoother. In addition no other changes to my Wii were made. I was able to re-install the HBC using Bannerbomb just fine. In addition my Bootmii installed as boot2 still worked perfectly and my DVDX works as well.

So on a good note, sending Wii's to Nintendo is just fine :) Just thought I would share this with you guys.
I'd also like to know where you live, considering company policies may be different throughout the world. I'm in the US......
September 09, 2009 10:53PM
WaxyPumpkin72
ICEing

I'd also like to know where you live, considering company policies may be different throughout the world. I'm in the US......

I live in the United States, New York

Whats even more cool is that my Wii was NOT under warranty and they repaired it for free AND gave me free warranty for a year

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2009 10:54PM by ICEing.
September 09, 2009 11:07PM
thats weird
September 09, 2009 11:32PM
My friend (in Ohio) had the exact issue, (related to SSBB) and it was not under warranty and they repaired it for free, with out deleting the HBC, updating the wii, or charging for shipping.
September 09, 2009 11:35PM
Its because it is a flaw that is not your fault.... but a free year of warranty is weird.
September 09, 2009 11:36PM
TopGun96
Its because it is a flaw that is not your fault.... but a free year of warranty is weird.

Indeed. Nintendo was generous
September 23, 2009 02:18PM
thats cool man
September 23, 2009 09:48PM
nintendo always gives a free year of warranty when you send them a console
Nintendo Support
Factory Service (no charge)
Warranty factory service repairs include:

* Free shipping options.

* Fast and reliable service: Systems are usually returned within 10 business days after they are received by Nintendo.

* Product replacement policy: In the event your system cannot be repaired, we will replace it with a Factory Certified system.

* Repair and replacement guarantee: Your repaired or replacement system comes with a new, full one-year warranty.
September 23, 2009 10:26PM
that cool dude
September 24, 2009 04:46AM
ninjafish1990
My friend (in Ohio) had the exact issue, (related to SSBB) and it was not under warranty and they repaired it for free, with out deleting the HBC, updating the wii, or charging for shipping.

When the problem is about ssbb nintendo repairs it for free
What i quoted above is from my wii whose warranty was expired and i went to the problem with ssbb and it said it was free
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login