Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gameshark

Posted by DrMario 
Gameshark
August 10, 2008 03:43AM
I was thinking about getting this gameshark for the wii (http://www.gameshark.com/products/328/GameShark%C2%AE-GameSaves-&-Media-Manager-for-Nintendo-Wii.htm) It says it can copy saves so I wonder if it will be like a better version of waninkoko's savegame extractor/installer. It seems like it is pretty good and probably safer than some of the homebrew but it's probably not much different than using the ocarina cheat engine and the savegame extractor and media players. I just want to see what people's opinions are about this compared to the alternative homebrew apps.
Re: Gameshark
August 14, 2008 05:17PM
nah the gamesaves cheats arent any goog, i got one from action replay, unless you like to cheat to beat the game, these suck, i like ocarina, because i just like having powers u normally cant such as the uber grapple hook in zelda
August 20, 2008 06:06PM
Thanks, I didn't notice that about the cheats, now that I read it more closely that's all it does, I would have got it and expected it to be like Ocarina. As for copying the saves, do you just use the savegame extractor?
August 28, 2008 02:33AM
not sure, i got my power saves crap thing, and it wasnt even close to what i expexted
August 28, 2008 05:30PM
k thanks, guess I'll stick to ocarina and savegame extractor and not waste my money, I've been using them without any problems for a while now so that gameshark thing is pretty much useless.
September 11, 2008 05:11AM
All it does is save file replacement. I haven't used it but I've heard two different explanations about how it works, neither worth the money. Some say it's no more than pre-hacked, encrypted save files, while others claim it lets you load your own save file and apply hacks from a list.
September 11, 2008 06:23AM
HyperHacker
All it does is save file replacement. I haven't used it but I've heard two different explanations about how it works, neither worth the money. Some say it's no more than pre-hacked, encrypted save files, while others claim it lets you load your own save file and apply hacks from a list.

The former (pre-hacked, encrypted save files), supposedly done using an NDEV. I believe that this is the same thing as [us.codejunkies.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login