Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

just saying hi

Posted by newlife 
just saying hi
March 01, 2010 11:19PM
Hi, i'm newlife. as you probably can see i'm fearly nw round here. I just wated o get to know pople so i thourght it would be nice just to ask a few qustions to get to know each other. First one, where does your usename come from

ill awnser once i have some replys.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2010 11:30PM by newlife.
Re: just saying hi
March 02, 2010 11:38AM
Hi and welcome!!

My username comes from a misunderstanding while trying to say professor in french. ^^

Where comes your's from?
March 02, 2010 11:23PM
lol, mine come from a bit of a story. 3 years ago i was involved in an accident and was told i'd never walk again, and i also lost 3 fingers. during the first ear i became very dipressed. But having joined a support forum i have now become more confident and i have regand some ability to walk, still limmited, but i can use the balnce board a bit now :). that forum game ne a new life so thats where my name comes rom, bit cheesy but it means alot to me.
March 03, 2010 11:05PM
I'm sorry to hear that. Good you are getting better though! One thing I've learned in life is no matter how tough life can be, things always tend to get better when you're at bottom. Not that I can say that this is a general rule or something, but that's what tends to happen in my life.

By the way... cheese is good! :P
March 04, 2010 01:36AM
:p cheese cant beat chips, nothing can
March 05, 2010 04:02AM
heh mine comes from an XKCD comic... [xkcd.com] if you want to know.
March 05, 2010 04:06AM
I was playing Rockband 1 and I selected the generate random band name option. My results:

The Waxy Tiny Little Monkeys
I took to the adjective "waxy" and decided to incorporate it into a username. Pumpkins are awesome, and so is the number 72. Thus:

WaxyPumpkin72
:D

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2010 04:07AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
March 05, 2010 07:05AM
I needed a user name for a forum years back but had a brain fart. I was coding at the time and just decided to use scanf, I then thought I needed a variation so added another "f" thus scanff and you all thought it was a typo :P

If I'd just given myself a minute to think I probably could have come up with a handful of better more distinct user names but oh well it would just cause confusion if I changed it now.
March 06, 2010 12:57AM
My username on another forum was once Mac n' Cheese. Don't ask me why. As for my current username, I am... somewhat obsessed with video games. Not addicted, just crazy about them. I actually have that reputation in the real world, and when someone says the words "video games," they usually look at me.

Edit: I was also 13 when I adopted that username. (I'm older now.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2010 12:58AM by gameboy13.
March 06, 2010 04:04AM
Well mines comes from needing a separate email account from my ex wifes years back. She got her own well so did I, had to put some thought into mine I wanted it cool, easy to remember and to represent what and who I was and what I enjoyed doing all in one name. So dirtrider was born, the 73068 is the zip code I was liveing in and we still live in, so I put the two together and had dirtrider73068. It all stems from a love of dirt, mud and power. Monster trucks, dirtbikes, 4wheelers, swamp buggy, cross country, dakar rally, all racing which I love and have loved all my life. So I think the name fits me pretty well, if there is a dirt or mud race on I find it I watch it.
March 06, 2010 08:43PM
My name came to me by playing brawl online for the 1st time, I just wanted to put Will but I guess it clicked the i twice so I just stuck with it.
March 06, 2010 11:27PM
I took my name from my favorite character played by my favorite Wrestler, Mick Foley. Then I randomly selected 3 numbers, thus Cactusjack901 was born. I made the screenname way back when AIM was first released, and I was 4 years old
March 07, 2010 01:27PM
Mine comes from the Airforce term "Top Gun", the best of the best. (Not the movie) The 96 comes from the randomness of my head. :P I am sort of an Airforce junkie.

P.S. I am terribly sorry for your loss and am glad to hear that you are getting better.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2010 01:28PM by TopGun96.
March 08, 2010 11:30PM
Mine is derived name I took four or five years ago while playing a game online: "Flameshadowxeroshin".
As that doesn't work right with most forums, I shortened it to "FSX" in February 2006. This was apparently after Flight Simulator X had been announced, but I was basically unaware of that game until 2009.
"Wiki" I added either because I wanted some type of identification link between here and the Wiki or I butchered my first sign-up attempt and had to add something to the name.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2010 11:32PM by WikiFSX.
March 14, 2010 07:47PM
wow, cool. ok heres a new qustion Why did you get into homebrew?
March 14, 2010 08:59PM
newlife
wow, cool. ok heres a new qustion Why did you get into homebrew?
My Wii was getting a bit boring. Nuff said.
March 14, 2010 10:19PM
Mostly because I like to play games from other consoles on my Wii as it's alot more practical to have only one console connected to the TV than one. (I know there's Virtual console, but I don't like the idea to have re-buy every single game I would like to play and also, you have more control over emulators, plus the Wii hadn't got the SD-menu back then and 512 MB is waaaaay to little memory (seriously, WHY?!?!??!).) Another reason was because there are some cool games and I was (and am) interested in how it all worked.
March 15, 2010 02:17AM
Because I thought it would be cool to have.
March 15, 2010 03:51AM
I enjoy knowing that my console is open and I can do whatever I want with it
March 15, 2010 04:11AM
cactusjack901
I enjoy knowing that my console is open and I can do whatever I want with it
Me too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login