Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

In response to thread "How Can i make Wii Apps?"

Posted by slyfox299 
In response to thread "How Can i make Wii Apps?"
November 27, 2010 06:09AM
To BG4545,

I know I'm risking my account on the forums but it's a risk I'm willing to take. I recently read the thread "How Can i make Wii Apps?". I was appalled by the harsh and quickness of you, BG4545. All he was wanting to do was learn and yet you, in your furious self-righteous mentality, respond in such a snobby way.

To quote:
bg4545
You need to know how to code in C/C++ and by all your other questions I assume you don't.

By stating this, you might as well dash all hopes and dreams of inventors and those with creativity. You know, it takes two kinds of people to make an app. Those with the creativity to think of the project and those who weave everything together. I'm sorry if we all aren't geniuses like you and we haven't all mastered C or C++. But instead of killing all ideas, how about a little help and informative material.

So many programmers are so caught up in the fact that
A:They have admin rights so all others are mere ants.
B:They are all knowing and know more than everyone else.
C:They think they know the best way.

Sure you may be the best programmer on this side of the planet. However, you probably don't know an inkling of creativity such as graphic design. True graphic design, not just editing and photoshopping. Not to mention web development, server management, o/s virtualization and the list goes on.

How about we help others of the WiiBrew community like joe123652 and lend him a hand instead of bashing him down and stomping his dreams... Post your thoughts before bg4545 locks this up as blatant spam and kicks me for harassment...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2010 06:09AM by slyfox299.
Re: In response to thread "How Can i make Wii Apps?"
November 27, 2010 07:30AM
[Moved to a more relevant section]

First of all I'd like to point out that I don't know C/C++ or really any advanced coding. I don't know how you got that impression. Secondly, that user joe123652 kept making topics such as "Is The Wii As Good as the xbox 360?" and in another topic posted "...you can get free Roms from this one site i know" which I promptly deleted. He was obviously a troll and has been banned.

slyfox299
I know I'm risking my account on the forums but it's a risk I'm willing to take. I recently read the thread "How Can i make Wii Apps?". I was appalled by the harsh and quickness of you, BG4545. All he was wanting to do was learn and yet you, in your furious self-righteous mentality, respond in such a snobby way.
I didn't mean to sound snobby, I gave him an honest answer. He had already posted "Is A Wii Fun?". If he had sounded like he really wanted to actually learn to code then I would have told him to get devkitPro and start out with simple programs and such, however, the way he asked came across as childish and obviously he didn't want to spend the months it would take to learn to code.

slyfox299
By stating this, you might as well dash all hopes and dreams of inventors and those with creativity. You know, it takes two kinds of people to make an app. Those with the creativity to think of the project and those who weave everything together. I'm sorry if we all aren't geniuses like you and we haven't all mastered C or C++. But instead of killing all ideas, how about a little help and informative material.
No. I gave him the honest answer. If you want to make an app, you learn to code. If you want to help that's fine, but the poster showed no interest in doing any actual work. It doesn't always take two people to make an app either. I never said I was a genius. I never said I'm a master at coding in C or C++.

slyfox299
As I said, I'm not a programmer.
A: I'm a moderator and I really don't have that view.
B: I am not all knowing but I do know quite a bit about how the Wii works, and I more or less know about coding (except the actual code)
C: I am not always right and I don't claim to be. Of course I have my own opinions and they do show sometimes but it's not like I completely shut down opposing views.

slyfox299
Sure you may be the best programmer on this side of the planet. However, you probably don't know an inkling of creativity such as graphic design. True graphic design, not just editing and photoshopping. Not to mention web development, server management, o/s virtualization and the list goes on.
I don't know much about programming but I am pretty good with photoshop. I know quite a bit about computers in general, but I never said I was the best at anything and I really don't believe I am.

slyfox299
How about we help others of the WiiBrew community like joe123652 and lend him a hand instead of bashing him down and stomping his dreams... Post your thoughts before bg4545 locks this up as blatant spam and kicks me for harassment...
How about before you call someone out you get all your facts straight. I'm not going to lock this or request that you be banned. I really don't care what you want to think about me. I've explained my actions and I stand behind them.

Edits: Typos

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2010 07:36AM by bg4545.
November 27, 2010 01:31PM
You seem to have a very incorrect view of bg4545. He (like myself) isn't a programmer, you don't have to be a programmer to be a moderator. Its not that exclusive :P But his post was perfectly correct. To "make Wii apps", you need to learn C or C++. The troll (with very unimaginative name, suggesting he probably isn't that creative either, so there goes that argument) asked something along the lines of "what program do I use", showing his complete lack of knowledge in this subject, meaning he is unlikely to make an app anytime soon.
November 27, 2010 01:55PM
I, Linuz, agree with both bg4545 and SifJar. joe123652 lacked the knowledge of coding, which also shows he has no interest and isn't going to bother to learn to code.

slyfox299

A: Nobody thinks that way.
B: Nobody says that.
C: How would you know?

slyfox299
How about we help others of the WiiBrew community like joe123652 and lend him a hand instead of bashing him down and stomping his dreams...

joe123652 was a complete troll who was asking random stupid questions like "How can I make wii apps?". By asking that kind of question he has showed himself as a person who cannot code and has no interest in his subject. I'm not saying that it is a bad thing, but bg4545 merely said that it looks like he cannot code, which I agree with.

slyfox299
in your furious self-righteous mentality, respond in such a snobby way.

Why do you think bg4545 was made a moderator, is it because he is snobby and has furious self-righteous mentality, or because he offers great help to others. Personally I would choose the second option, and I assume so would most people. bg4545 is a great moderator.

slyfox299
You know, it takes two kinds of people to make an app. Those with the creativity to think of the project and those who weave everything together.

I agree with you in that part.

slyfox299
I'm sorry if we all aren't geniuses like you and we haven't all mastered C or C++. But instead of killing all ideas, how about a little help and informative material.

I totally disagree, bg4545 never said he was a genius nor had he mastered C/C++, he wasn't killing ideas, he was stating that joe probably have the coding skills to make wii apps. And maybe he should learn a bit more C/C++ before starting on the wii.

I'm sorry you feel that way about bg4545.
November 27, 2010 05:06PM
You're right, forgive me for making a judgment so quickly. I realize that he probably was a troll, but I had no knowledge of his previous tolling posts.

I was venting a bit after being pushed around by the admins of two different forums and dealing with several people last night who took the approach of being all knowing.

I understand, fully, that coding an app requires coding knowledge and that it takes time to code. You can't just throw a few pictures made in MSPaint and expect Monster Hunter Tri or something similar.

I was displeased with the response left by BG4545 but I understand, now , that I did make a few rash decisions. I do apologize completely and take full responsibility for all arguments I made.

Of course I can't go stating that I am the best programmer in the world, yet I am learning what I can piece by piece. I picked up a few books to study by and I am learning as well.

I did make several false accusations as well, and I, again, apologize for my rash judgments again. I probably should do my research as well and I do feel a bit humiliated for what I did.

Thanks for clearing this up. I feel bad when someone who is trying hard is simply ignored or given only the minimal info necessary to begin learning. Again, I do apologize for acting so quickly and making bad choices...
November 27, 2010 05:09PM
Hey, don't worry about it, we all make mistakes. The biggest mistake however, is not learning from them ;)
November 27, 2010 06:00PM
SifJar
Hey, don't worry about it, we all make mistakes. The biggest mistake however, is not learning from them ;)

Just like:

"It isn't a crime to make mistakes, but it is to not learn from them" - Linuz.

slyfox299:
Don't worry, I forgive you.
November 27, 2010 07:51PM
No hard feelings. As the others have said, we all make mistakes.
November 27, 2010 11:00PM
Stick around some more you will be able to spot those troll post, or those that don't know what they are doing or someone trying to get a raz of people for fun.Some of his post I didn't to see but those that I did were just plain dumb and had no reason to make a post like that.

Every body makes mistakes, but a bigger person will admit to them.
November 28, 2010 05:10AM
Thanks everyone for the kind responses. I do feel bad for making a false accusation and I will definitely hang around some more...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login