Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NEW WAY TO UNBRICK Wii!

Posted by simon66 
NEW WAY TO UNBRICK Wii!
July 05, 2009 08:59PM
Ok, im not surre if this will work with every Wii but this tutorial saved my ass 2 times already. This tutorial was made by Simon66 (me!). I only attacked some files.

Ok these are the thing your going to need:

1. Make surre you have pre-loader installed! (if not, then there is nothing I can do, sorry)
2. Make you the you have HBC installed and working properly.
3. Have a SD card
4. Download this file Link to one of Wanky's "Downgraders" removed
5. Wi-Fi REQUERED!

Have all this? Then proceed, if not, then im sorry.

Ok so what you have to do now is backup your data from you SD card and re-format it to FAT32.
Once done this make a folder named apps and place the file on step 4 inside that folder.
Now turn off your Wii and once you press to turn on button hold down the reset button, the pre-loader will now boot up.
Chosse "Load the HomeBrew Channel"
Now on the HBC choose "SD:/cISO Downgrader 1.2/boot.dol" and what this program does is it will downgrade your Wii to any firmware you want( the latest firmware you could downlaod is 3.4).
Now that is loaded, follow the instruction and when it says to choose a firmware to download, you can choose which ever you want.Now choose the one you want, make surre you download the correct firmware! So if your in USA/Canada choose what ever firmware but make surre there is a U. Ex. 3.4U ( U= USA , J= JAPAN, and so on)
Now just grab a drink and wait, It should take about 5 minutes depending on your internet connection.
Once is done, shutdown your Wii remove your SD card, and boot it up again.
Now your Wii should be in what ever firmware you choose, if you want, you can update your wii to 4.0 and use bannerbomb to hack your Wii. Make surre to install HACKMii (aka bootmii) and make a backup of your NAND and its KEYS, make surre to backup both, and keep them aside on a save place were no one can delete and though them.

And there you go, your wii should now be unbricked.

This tutorial will not FIX any damaged NAND/KEYS. Im not a Wii expert but I am a PSP expert and from what I remeber is that you cant upload a NAND from another PSP to yours. Im not surre if this also applies to Wii's but never upload some one elses NAND/Keys to your Wii, unless an expert told you or you have a copy of your NAND.

If this tutorial works make surre to reply. Thnx

Simon66

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2009 12:31AM by Arikado.
Re: NEW WAY TO UNBRICK Wii!
July 05, 2009 10:46PM
Ya, first of all, i'm not sure if that link is legal. Second of all, i don't think this can work on all wiis....Also, this topic doesn't belong in the fixmii forum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2009 10:46PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.