Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DS R4 cartridge

Posted by Kezza826 
DS R4 cartridge
April 23, 2009 06:46PM
*Does it run foreign games?
*Is there something to make them run foreign games?

The reason I am asking is because I want to play Professor Layton and the Demon's Box but it's only out in Japan and I live in the UK.
Re: DS R4 cartridge
April 23, 2009 07:38PM
The DS (not DSi) is region-free.
April 23, 2009 10:56PM
Kezza826
The reason I am asking is because I want to play Professor Layton and the Demon's Box but it's only out in Japan and I live in the UK.
Sounds like piracy.
April 24, 2009 02:21AM
Yeah DS and DSlite are regionfree and the R4 does sound like you're trying to pirate the game
April 24, 2009 04:09AM
he didn't say that..he was talking about region free...

"I want to play Professor Layton and the Demon's Box but it's only out in Japan and I live in the UK."

Sounds like he was saying he can buy it from Japan, but it wont work for him...So legit question...

If he were pirating it, he would have said something like he had a copy of the game but it wont play...blah blah blah
April 24, 2009 04:34AM
The DS and DSLite play games from any region (region free) (and I'm pretty sure the DSi plays normal DS games from any region) so if you had a copy of the original game, you wouldn't need a flash cart.
April 24, 2009 05:03AM
Yeah he's asking if the R4 will run foreign games

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2009 05:04AM by bg4545.
April 25, 2009 09:53PM
bg4545
Yeah DS and DSlite are regionfree and the R4 does sound like you're trying to pirate the game

R4 isn't illegal because I bought it from a local shop near me therefore it isn't piracy also to play games on the R4 cart I have to download DS roms off of websites and transfer the roms onto a memory and stick it in the R4 cart adapter.
April 26, 2009 03:41AM
Kezza826
...to play games on the R4 cart I have to download DS roms off of websites and transfer the roms onto a memory and stick it in the R4 cart adapter.
Umm that's piracy.
April 26, 2009 08:28AM
Kezza826
R4 isn't illegal

Yes, but that does not matter.
If you buy any version of "Professor Layton and the Demon's Box" (even the Japanese one),
it will work in your DS, DS lite (or even DSi).
April 26, 2009 09:53PM
but if he were just going to pirate it, why bother asking us if it would work? Why not just download it and try it?
April 26, 2009 10:26PM
Yeah but he asked if the R4 would run foreign games, not if the DS would... So that would mean he'd put the foreign DS rom on the r4 and run it (piracy)
April 26, 2009 10:34PM
hmmmmm... is the R4 similar to my EDGE flash cart? erm, before anybody accuses me of piracy, i used it to download Platinum (which i own) so i could trade shinies to my friend's game. But im pretty sure it can play games region-free, bacause i was using the Japanese version of platinum. (only version i could get without registering for some shit. Interesting playing it without knowing what they're saying. =p) so yeah, im confident it will play it. might not though. And PLEASE don't pirate to get this or i will bitch slap you in an airport =p
April 27, 2009 01:23AM
bg4545
Kezza826
...to play games on the R4 cart I have to download DS roms off of websites and transfer the roms onto a memory and stick it in the R4 cart adapter.
Umm that's piracy.
Exactly. Case closed.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.