Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

succesfully downgraded from 4.0 to 3.2 by exploiting preloader0.28

Posted by nblaen 
succesfully downgraded from 4.0 to 3.2 by exploiting preloader0.28
June 11, 2009 02:58PM
have been experiencing tremendous probs due to 4.0 being installed so have found a way to downgrade to 3.2 but remember do this at your own risk you MUST be connected to the internet in order for this to work, if not DO NOT even attempt it.
on your sd card you must have the following programs so they show up on the hb channel. Softmii2.1.1 just google for it and install onto sd card,
load up hb channel and run preloader0.28, this will corrupt your system file and the wii will only allow you to run the hb channel (DO NOT PANIC I DID!!) next load up anyregion changer1.1bm5 in the menu towards tthe bottom it will say reinstall system files, press ok and lo and behold after downloading all the files it needs your wii has downgraded to 3.2. iIT WORKS my wii which was a 4.0 is now a happy 3.2 and so am I
Re: succesfully downgraded from 4.0 to 3.2 by exploiting preloader0.28
June 11, 2009 03:00PM
sorry should have added please make sure you have the homebrew channel already installed before attempting this mod, if you are running 4.0 you can load hb using bannerbomb which installs the channel
June 11, 2009 06:03PM
is it possble to do this without softmii, just using preloader? softmii = fail...
but anyway, i dont really understand. so you have preloader and hbc installed, then try to reinstall preloader on 4.0, which corrupts system menu, then you will be able to run anyregionchanger from hbc booted via preloader? are you sure? anyregionchanger needs fakesigned IOSes if I remember correctly which wont exist on 4.0...sure you didnt use some "upgrade" or "softmod" package on your wii?
June 11, 2009 06:19PM
no thats all I used as far as I know... to be honest it was totally accidental and honestly thought id bricked the wii as the only thing i could access was homebrew, the main wii menu was not available as the system menu had been corrupted by the preloader. the only thing i could access because i only had hb channel was anyregionchanger which has the restore system in the main menu, when i picked this it restored my wii from 4.0 to 3.2 i know it was connected to the net as it was downloading lots of info and it took about 10 mins to download everything it needed.... but all i can say is it worked and the proof is in my wii which was 4.0 and is now 3.2
and sorry looking at your post you do need anyregionchanger on your sd card, before you embark on this... all i know as i said it worked for me
June 11, 2009 06:22PM
So you did the nintendo update to 4.0? Not any other way?
June 11, 2009 06:30PM
the softmii programme i downloaded and put on my sd card contained the following.. anyregionchanger1.1bms, cioscorp101, cmios,hack remover,
ios downgrader, preloader 0.28, softmii nand browser, sfotmii tweak, wad manager and is all contained in prog softmii2.1.1
only other thing i can remember doing and i wish id written it down but was more concerned that my wii was not functioning, had surprise of my life when wii had actually restarted with 3.2
June 11, 2009 06:34PM
yeah it was updated to 4.0 havent done anything apart from installing bannerbomb hack for hb channel and put softmii2.1.1 on loaded the preloader which caused my system menu to corrupt only allowing me access to hb channel, noticed from reading round that anyregionchanger had as part of its programme a restore system menu to wii... pressed...it downloaded a load of stuff... waited for it too all load pressed button on handset when finished... wii restarted with system 3.2 absolutely bl**dy amazed, and delighted
June 11, 2009 06:36PM
No, before that. When you originally updated to 4.0. As far as I know AnyRegion Changer needs a fake-sign-able IOS which you wouldn't have with a normal update to 4.0

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2009 06:37PM by bg4545.
June 11, 2009 07:03PM
Did you install cioscorp, or ios downgrader first? If so, that's nothing new and is strongly frowned upon in this forum.
June 11, 2009 07:25PM
well if i did i dont remember doing it, only posted in hope it may help others, like i said my wii wouldnt load at all except for hb channel, and after reading round found the restore system prog in the anyregionchanger... why is installing cioscorp or ios downgrader frowned upon?
June 11, 2009 08:44PM
Because it can brick your wii.
June 11, 2009 09:02PM
I also think that cioscorp is essentially just a collection of wads, all of which would contain Nintendo code.

Moreover, the only purpose of cioscorp and ios downgrader is piracy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2009 09:03PM by alainvey.
June 11, 2009 09:07PM
This will not work on Wiis that have not been severely hacked with unsupported warez enabling tools like yours.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.