Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WIFI fails( was working, now broken)

Posted by johniefish 
WIFI fails( was working, now broken)
July 06, 2009 11:41PM
Hi guys (& gals),
I'm totally noob with my wii 2 weeks old. I had all running perfectly including wifi. (Updated to system menu 4.0, before knowing bout homebrew)

I then downgraded in the following manner (All from instructions as it is new to me)

1) Got the necessary files on a SD card
2) Loaded boot.dol (LoadMii)
3) Ran DowngraderIOS35.dol and chose downgrade IOS35 (ignoring the patchmii and dvdx)
Apparently I needed to downgrade to get HBC to work
4) then ran Wad Manager 1.4 using normal settings (didn't change IOS)
5) Installed IOS35.wad.
6) Ran Wad Manager again, Selected IOS35
7) Installed the CIOSv7.wad.
8) Ran Wad Manager again, Selected IOS249
7) Installed the IOS36.wad, ******.wad & HBC.wad

All was fine at this point and I could access HBC and download stuff...

I then saw that I still couldn't play DVD's, read up a bit and this is where it becomes slightly unclear.....

I tried installing DVDX, but it was unsuccessful, then read up that because I was on Menu 4.0, I had to install hackmii....

I tried this and was unsuccessful once again.

At this stage I saw that my wifi connection is not initialized. Went to settings, all still "looks" the same, but when I go to detect network, it does not pick up anything. (Nothing has changed on the routers side and that still works as normal).

PLEASE help me, I do NOT want to take any further chances and brake it further!!! All help appreciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2009 12:05AM by johniefish.
Re: WIFI fails( was working, now broken)
July 06, 2009 11:48PM
It is not necessary to re-post topics twice even if it is in two different sections. Please do not double post topics.
July 06, 2009 11:55PM
Sorry Pinball wizard,
In the other section I got the idea that I was totally off-topic for what is being discussed over there.
Once again sorry for inconvenience caused.
July 07, 2009 05:48PM
Please don't install WAD's. The all in one Hackmii Installer does the installation for you. WAD's are very commonly illegal.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.