Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem loading Metroid Prime 3

Posted by WiiMiiWiiMii 
Problem loading Metroid Prime 3
July 22, 2009 08:47AM
When I load the disc I get the error.

The game disc could not be read. Please read the wii operations manual for more information.

I have played this same disc before and it has been fine. I saw this message once before but when I ejected the disc and rebooted it was fine. Now I get this message everytime.

I have just uploaded the new Bootmii, dvdx and homebrew channle (after the fact) and tried using gecko but that didn't work

I thought it might be a low level brick.

If anyone can help would be much appreciated
Re: Problem loading Metroid Prime 3
July 22, 2009 08:51AM
Also i am on version 4.0E and the system tells me there is another update. Should I do that?
July 22, 2009 09:02AM
Anything else? cIOS, Backup launchers, Modchips?

If not, it sounds like, your Wii's drive needs to be fixed.
July 22, 2009 09:08AM
yeah i got a modchip
July 22, 2009 09:09AM
but it plays everything else fine even burnt discs
July 22, 2009 09:29AM
Is the disc fine?
July 22, 2009 12:32PM
Well, I guess in this case there is one possible solution which is I think legal, but it isn't supported here...BTW, does it play other original discs fine? You mentioned burnt discs, I hope they are legal backups of your own games? Oh and is Metroid an original disc?
July 22, 2009 02:35PM
This is a known issue that only occurs with backup/burned discs with ISOs not properly burned onto the disc. In other words: WiiBrew does not support or condone the use of backups (referred by you as "burnt games") Such being the case, discussion of them is strictly prohibited in all areas of the WiiBrew Forums.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.