Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

please help me

Posted by ncc1701 
please help me
September 01, 2009 09:49PM
I dunno what happened but I need help.
For some reason whenever I try to go to the data management and go to the sd card it comes up and says load boot and than locks up. Up until today it would not lock up I would choose yes or no.
I got a message from nintendo saying that the web browser was now free again. I had a few weeks ago downloaded the browser from the internet and had it installed. But I would rather have the new one so I deleted the old one and tried to install the new one but kept getting an error message. Sooo I thought it might have been because i had the one from the intenet on there. SOOO I went to data management and went to sd card and it asked and I said no and there was no internet channel on there.. SOOO I than went to the wii and there was on there so I deleted it. I than tried to download something else in case it was just an internet connection problem and I downloaded the wii vote and stoed it on the sd card and it downloaded fine. As far as I recall that is all I have done. Now when I try to go to the sd card it locks up everytime. I tried deleting the boot.elf that was in my root of my sd card but that did not help.
I still cannot download the new wuii browser and now I cannot go to my sd card with data management.
all my stuff that I already have works fine. HBC and all my apps. But I would really like to be able to go to data managment and go to channels on my sd card..

any and all help would be greatly greatly apprecaited..
Re: please help me
September 01, 2009 11:17PM
Just delete bannerbomb from your SD.. It should be in private/wii/title/aktn/content.bin.
September 02, 2009 01:06AM
You can't download the new version because you pirated the old one... Serves you right.
September 02, 2009 01:13AM
@Mattman congrats on your 300th post!

@ncc1701 oooops you shouldn't have done that!

Woot 450th post :)
September 02, 2009 03:32AM
your a snot nose.. Not that I need to explain to you but thats not entirely true.. I had a legitamate copy of the browser when I bought my machine. My machine broke and nintendo refused to transfer my license.. I felt and still do feel that I rightfull owned a lisence and so I did the only thing I could do. I have deleted the old one it is not there.
September 02, 2009 03:44AM
You can't download the new version because you pirated the old one... Serves you right.

So NOT productive...

From the courtesy section of the forum rules:

- Do not post comments that defame, insult, or personally attack other users. (No flaming)
- Do not post comments that point out rule breaking behavior of other users. If there is a problem with a post, please use the "Report" link in the lower left corner of the post to inform a moderator.

We all hate the newb posters who wonder in here and ask about illegal stuff without looking at the rules, but let the moderators do their jobs! The only thing worse than the newbs posting about illegal stuff are the chuckleheads (technical term) moaning about the rule breakers! It's written in the forum rules... don't moan about the rule breakers!!

StarTrekDude: you felt you were justified in downloading a copy... that's cool, aint my place to judge... but i would have to agree with TopGun that it appears obvious that that previous install is what's causing the problem. Not sure how to fix it though... did deleting bannerbomb do anything?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2009 03:45AM by mdbrim.
September 02, 2009 03:46AM
I believe uninstalling the ticket might do the job.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2009 03:47AM by TopGun96.
September 02, 2009 08:51AM
yes deleting bannerbomb stopped the lock ups when going to the sd card. thanks. I deleted the old browser so I thought I would be good but no such luck. Its not that big a deal I have never even used the stupid thing but I like to have it "just in case"..
September 02, 2009 09:13AM
hay guys not to worry I got it fixed.. Unionstalled it using WAD instead of remocing the channell and now all is fine..
thanks for your help
September 02, 2009 01:53PM
No problem but in the future... Stay away from wads
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.