Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Want to restore Wii to Original Status

Posted by browningj 
Want to restore Wii to Original Status
November 12, 2009 05:13PM
Hi folks,

I am new at the whole softmodding thing and need some help on how to restore the Wii back to it's factory status. I used to have 3.4u installed and HBC and Backup Loader worked fine. Then I upgraded to 4.0 and all was good. Even up to 4.1. I tried to format the Wii and upgrade to System 4.2u just to have a clean slate in case I wanted to re-do it all again. Now, I am trying to install USB loader with no luck (the channel is visible, but it just freezes) and wanted to know how I can replace all of the affected cIOS's. I installed some version of cIOScorp a while ago and now realize that was a mistake. I can't get any of the uninstallers to work and no real luck on installing them either. Is there anyway to use AnyTitleDeleter in conjunction with Dop-IOS mod to identify the cIOS's installed and delete the unnecessary ones and restore the factory ones?

I am not opposed to downgrading if that would be the best route, just need instructions or pointed to a guide that could help.

Thanks in advance, I know I sound like a dummy.
Re: Want to restore Wii to Original Status
November 12, 2009 06:07PM
We dont support USB Loaders or cIOS here, but as you're trying to get rid of cIOScrap, I'll help - get dop-IOS MOD, and reinstall EVERY IOS without patches. You can patch IOS36 if you wish, other than that dont patch any IOS. That'll get rid of cIOScrap.
November 12, 2009 06:36PM
Ok will try that, I mean USB loader is not of significant importance. I would like to however just at least be able to play my backed up games. Having a 19 month old doesn't help the fact the games are disc based. Just to make sure dop-IOS MOD v8 should work the best right?
November 12, 2009 06:50PM
Yeah, use v8.
November 12, 2009 09:53PM
WiiBrew does not support or condone the use of backups. If you're too lazy too read our forum rules or even glance at the large red lettering on the main page, then I'm too lazy to edit your topic and let it stay.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2009 09:54PM by Arikado.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.