Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii Game Studio

Posted by LordAshes 
Wii Game Studio
December 14, 2009 04:32AM
Wii Game Studio is a PC based program that allows you to create Wiibrew applications with a drag and drop type environment. Only a little amount of programming knowledge is required and no low level programming knowledge is required.

Wii Game Studio comes in 2 versions: Standard Version and Pro Version.

The Standard Version is absolutely free and can accomplish most of the things that the Pro version can.

Standard Version Limitations:

- You can only generate three different "Rooms" but there are ways to work around this
- You can not use any sound. No work around as far as I know.
- The Wii Game Studio logo is displayed in the top right corner of your game. No work around as far as I know.

Pro Version:

- Unlimited "Rooms"
- MOD file sound support
- No logo is displayed in the top corner
- Access to a few additional features

The Pro version costs $9.99US and is a lifetime upgrade (i.e. your key will work in a future updates).

This software is well worth a look if you are trying to implement 2D style platform games. I even have a tutorial on using it to create a Basic 3D environment (no a smooth 3D engine...more like the old RPG games...moving in increments of squares and turning 90 degrees)

P.S. No...I am not the author...but I am a member of the forumn and a user of the Pro version.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2009 06:48PM by Arikado.
Re: Wii Game Studio
December 14, 2009 04:54AM
tona
The Wiibrew Forum is not intended to be a marketing tool for any individual or business entity. Users are not allowed to post advertisements for their website or any others. If a link seems to be posted for overtly commercial reasons, or for increasing "hits," it may be deemed an advertisement by the moderation staff, and removed.
Re: Wii Game Studio
December 14, 2009 06:48PM
What a waste of money. Go learn C/C++ for free.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.