Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help With Drivekey Modchip Install for Update Blocking

Posted by elmoreas 
Help With Drivekey Modchip Install for Update Blocking
January 15, 2010 01:26AM
I am installing a modchip so I can be sure that my system will not update on me and cause problems cause of HBC and the mods I have made with it to my system. I have not done any pirate mods and this modchip is not for backups as I do not support piracy it is just for the update blocker hardware, I don't trust the software and I want to be sure. Its like my having a NAND backup and bootmii installed as boot2 but also owning a savemii, I am just really paranoid about protecting my Wii, because of all the money I have dumped into it via DLC. Anyways I just wanted you all to know that so you know you are not helping me pirate but to protect my system. I went with Drivekey because it is the easiest to install chip that comes with an update blocker and it appears to be very user friendly, plus it got high marks on a couple of websites that I read about it on. I know there are better chips but this is the one I went with mainly cause it is easy to install. The link for the installation instructions is [www.wiidrivekey.com] and I am fairly confident I can do this with no problems, "knock on wood", but the instructions left out one major thing and that is what I need help with so here is my question. Where do I actually mount the chip inside the case, once it is connected? Do I put it in the gap in the middle of the drive board, or on top of the metal shielding in the little recess, or underneath the metal shielding, or where? I know to insulate it and to use electrical tape to do that plus to do the actual mounting, I just do not know where to mount it. In case you cannot tell from the pictures the chip is about 1 1/4 inches long by 1 1/8 inches wide by 1/8 inches thick, The ribbon cable inside is longer than the one provided but not by much, the one provided is 3 inches long the one inside is about 5-6 inches long so I cannot mount it too far from the drive ribbon wire clip. If anyone has any experience installing a modchip and knows a good place to mount a chip, where it is out of the way and will not interfer with the Wii's opperations and will not come in contact with the circuitry (though insulated), while still in range of the length of the ribbon cables I would greatly appreciate it if you could tell me in detail where you mounted your chip and how. Thank you in advance to anyone who helps.

Sincerely,
Elmoreas
Re: Help With Drivekey Modchip Install for Update Blocking
January 15, 2010 01:33AM
This is not a modchip support forum.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.