Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

what do i do next

Posted by ii3eatu 
what do i do next
May 11, 2010 10:32PM
i have a question i followed this everything worked fine [wiibrew.org]
i have 4.01u console is a lu71 incase that helps but i can't find a guide of what do do next if anyone could help that would be great if i am not suppost to post this just delete it thanks in advanced
Re: what do i do next
May 11, 2010 11:08PM
That guide explains all necessary steps to install homebrew, so there is nothing else you need to do. If you are looking for applications, you can find them here or download them directly from your wii with the Homebrew Browser. If there is something in particular you would like to accomplish, I need to know what it is before I can provide any advice on the matter.
May 11, 2010 11:11PM
There is no "what to do next".

You have installed HBC, that is all that can really be guided.

From here, you must read around and find out how to do what YOU want to do with homebrew. There are many possibilities. For patching System Menu for things such as region free, there's StartPatch and Priiloader. For changing the way the Wii boots, allowing booting to a .dol or HBC instead of System Menu, there's Priiloader. For downloading homebrew games and apps, there's Homebrew Browser (a highly recommended app if you have WiFi). For media playback, there's WiiMC. For advanced IOS stuff (probably not for you as a newbie), there's dop-Mii. For theming there's ThemeMii and MyMenuify. For custom channels, there's CustomizeMii. The possibilities are endless. It's completely up to you what you want to do.

Read up on the WiiBrew wiki, find out about stuff you want to do, learn stuff yourself. Don't follow guides claiming to give you a "fully set up wii" or "softmodded wii" : these guides give you what the author wants for THEIR wii, and therefore assume you must want for yours as well. Its your wii - do what you want.

If you installed BootMii as boot2, take a NAND dump before doing anything else, as that will allow you to recover if you brick (i.e. break) your Wii.
May 12, 2010 12:40AM
yeah i am able to dl stuff off the homebrew browser fine

wasn't able to load bootmii as a boot2 i had to do it as a iso so should i still do the nad dump that is the 2nd icon on page two correct?

and as for what i want to do i been reading up for 2 days and trying to figure out how to get a cios to load i used a few programs and tried a few games and for games i get no cios found with gamma 0.3 i believe and when i am using the cios rev 19 installer or the wad manager 1.4 i always get everything completed and then and the end it says loading custom ios failed no matter what i do its kinda fustrating if you can help me out with this would be great thanks
May 12, 2010 12:49AM
1) You installed Bootmii as an ISO?! Quite an accomplishment, I'm impressed

2) Did you not see the big red text telling you cIOS and backup loaders aren't supported here? Or what about the checkbox you had to click when you posted the thread saying you wouldn't talk about them? Are you really that fucking Daft, now gtfo.
May 12, 2010 02:37AM
There's no point in continuing this topic due to an unnecessary amount of fail injected by the original poster.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.