Re: Wii Shooting Gallery
September 02, 2008 02:39PM
Rumbling Works
September 02, 2008 09:08PM
Timing added.
September 02, 2008 11:04PM
Funny, one of the targets in teleporting targets flickers really badly. Also, there are only at least three targets in teleporting that move independantly. Before moving onto the next thing (GUI) I'm gonna see if I can iron out those bugs.

EDIT: And by the way, 1.4 just supassed 1.1 in total downloads (456 as of right now for 1.4).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2008 11:14PM by Arikado.
September 03, 2008 01:10AM
Im Glad to see your fixing the bugs and working on getting the new features working :)
i looked at the dource and couldent figure what was wrong with thte targets animation either... job for you again im afraid :S
again just ask if you need anything

P.S. have fun with quake :P
September 03, 2008 01:55PM
Yeah, all I can really do is slow down or speed up the animation. But I'll play with that to now. I've decided not to rush into GUI programming until the basic 6 modes are perfect.
September 07, 2008 12:11AM
Got that bug somewhat ironed out. Did all the code for the GUI and it doesn't work.
September 12, 2008 09:18PM
Arikado
Got that bug somewhat ironed out. Did all the code for the GUI and it doesn't work.

not good :s maby just make a very simple gui for now? just option choises? remove the cursors/background choices?
if you need anything i will be here for today/tomorow then im off to uni so wont be on for a couple of days
September 12, 2008 10:50PM
Actually just trying to replace old text with new font text. Don't have time though.
September 14, 2008 09:03AM
So the next release will have rumble? If so, awesome! Wouldn't be bad to have some music and sound effects also...
September 14, 2008 10:48PM
Yes, rumbling is another "option", that when turned causes the wiimote to rumble for half a second every time a target is hit. It works perfectly. Another "option" I've added is timing which stops the game after the time limit is reached. Right now I'm still working on replacing that ugly white text with a different font. Once my new font works, I'm looking forward to having either you or Warpedflash (if he has the time) remake the font.

This may not happen for a little while though due to school...

EDIT: I'm also keeping status updates here: My wiibrew page

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2008 10:34PM by Arikado.
October 11, 2008 07:45PM
Quite a few updates have been made. You can see my progress here.

Anyways, I'm posting because I need a name for my vertical scrolling shooter mode of play. I was thinking of calling it Wii Shoot In Space, but that sounds kinda corny. Any ideas fo a name?

Also, this mode of play is your basic vertical scrolling shooter. You control the ship with the nunchuk's analog stick. You fire a shot from the ship with C or Z. However, you can also fire with the wiimote by pointing it and pressing B. At the end of the level there will be a boss that can only be destroyed by taking out its two weak spots. One of which can only be hit by the ship, and the other by the wiimote. The entire mode will just be this level, getting increasingly harder every playthrough.

So far I'm about a fourth of the way through it's coding.

EDIT: And to my testers, you guys will be able to test out the 1.7 build as soon as I work out three little things (hogan timing bug, timing option bug, one play of hogan only bug)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2008 07:48PM by Arikado.
October 12, 2008 02:40PM
Arikado
Quite a few updates have been made. You can see my progress here.

Anyways, I'm posting because I need a name for my vertical scrolling shooter mode of play. I was thinking of calling it Wii Shoot In Space, but that sounds kinda corny. Any ideas fo a name?

Also, this mode of play is your basic vertical scrolling shooter. You control the ship with the nunchuk's analog stick. You fire a shot from the ship with C or Z. However, you can also fire with the wiimote by pointing it and pressing B. At the end of the level there will be a boss that can only be destroyed by taking out its two weak spots. One of which can only be hit by the ship, and the other by the wiimote. The entire mode will just be this level, getting increasingly harder every playthrough.

So far I'm about a fourth of the way through it's coding.

EDIT: And to my testers, you guys will be able to test out the 1.7 build as soon as I work out three little things (hogan timing bug, timing option bug, one play of hogan only bug)

Do i get to be a tester? also do you need me to do anymore graphics etc? and have you go the target animations working properly?

I cant think of a name for the new mode sorry :( but it sounds interesting. it would be nice if at some point you could extend that into a full game in itself with multiple levels as a simple level repeating might get dull... unless the spawning of the opponents is random.
October 12, 2008 09:32PM
PM'd you Warpedflash
October 14, 2008 10:44AM
WiiOrbit sounds space-ish...

Anyway, I'm glad you're getting further and further into this project. Nice job.
November 02, 2008 10:43PM
Version 1.8 Publicly Released!!!
November 04, 2008 02:57PM
You want help? I may be able to help.
March 25, 2009 07:40PM
Version 1.9 Released

Changelog:

- Hogan Hard is old Very Hard, Very Hard now has targets appear in a 3x3 grid
- Target Animation fixed - Target modes cleaned up and now work alot better
- A REAL menu
- Highscores are saved
- Control Scheme Changes
- Incorporation of The HOMEbrew Menu Standard Library
- There should no longer be any crashes/code dumps
- More bug fixes
- Wii Shoot In Space is more complete
- Open Source

See the wiki page for download links

You may now donate to this and my other projects here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2009 08:03PM by Arikado.
June 15, 2009 09:28PM
Wow, I was once a really bad octo-poster :P

Anyways, for anyone interested, I've uploaded a short and extremely poor quality video of the latest build here: [www.youtube.com]

I'm already in talks with some people about potentially having them upload a higher quality one soon via capture card. If you'd like to do it, contact me (PM) and its extremely likely that I'll choose you (if not this time, later for other projects even) since my options are kinda limited.

Anyways, enjoy :D
July 23, 2009 04:28PM
Menu completed (finally):

Blog post here: [arikadosblog.blogspot.com]
January 17, 2010 08:04PM
Final Release. Enjoy everyone :D

[arikadosblog.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login