Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MPlayer Wii (DVDX)

Posted by XFelixX 
MPlayer Wii (DVDX)
March 15, 2009 06:33PM
Hey, i've got a couple of videos on CD that are just data files on a disc. They don't play on MPlayer because its on a CD not a DVD right?

So if i were to put the files on a DVD instead of a CD, would i be able to play them from my Wii?

Also, do they have to be on the Root, or can they be in folders?

Another simple question, DVDX isnt a whole program for running DVD's right? just for running them on media players?
Re: MPlayer Wii (DVDX)
March 15, 2009 07:01PM
dvdx is a hidden very small channel, which allows access to the disc drive. instead of using mplayer wii i would use mplayer CE, it's better. on CE go into "browse" not the dvd menu, and try to find it. if you have a modchip, try installing dvdx in patchmii mode
March 15, 2009 10:17PM
to avoid confusion, DVDx doesn't show up as a small channel however. It is invisible.

Also, CDs won't work, DVDs will and do not have to be in the root. I suggest burning at slower speeds with imgburn.

and MPlayer CE is great!
March 17, 2009 02:43AM
Cool, thanks guys!

MPlayer CE is a lot better. haha

oh and which files do i need to play to watch a real DVD (Spirited away)?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2009 02:47AM by XFelixX.
March 17, 2009 03:59AM
Mplayer CE will play a regular DVD as long as you have DVDx
March 21, 2009 08:14AM
use it a few times and you will become familiar with it. oh, and if "play DVD" crashes on you, use "play DVD (libdvdnav)"
July 09, 2009 10:05PM
i have done everything
have dvdx and mplayer ce however the dvd will load and seem to freeze on the "warning blah blah blah" screen
July 13, 2009 06:42PM
Try a different DVD.
July 15, 2009 12:44AM
yeah still just freezes on first image that it reads have tried dvdlibnav and regular and the same thing happens
July 15, 2009 03:31AM
Try MPlayer TT with libdvdnav.
October 16, 2009 07:05AM
ok i have a wii version 4.2
have installed the latest homebrew and DVDx
now i put in my SD card and i have the apps load i have both mplayer ce and mplayer TT
as soon as i click on any of the options to play my DVD i dont get anything u can hear the disk spin as if it wants to
and i get a flash of my blue light but nada am i missing something all i have is
wii homebrew channel
DVDx

also if anyone needs a guide on installing the latest homebrew let me know it is EASY no need for using zelda or any of that
October 16, 2009 11:18PM
Mplayer does not recognize the new DVDx title. Just wait for an update.
October 18, 2009 07:57AM
What Mplayerce verion are you using. 0.75?

Use the usb 2.0 cIOS. I believe that helps. And press open--->files----> WiiDVD
That works too! the usb 2.0 cIOS and a brief description of how to use it can be found here.
November 09, 2009 04:44AM
tried to install the cIOS i used your link using a nice fresh SD card (mainly due to it already giving the apps folder)i moved the folder to the sd inserted into my wii from there ran the homebrew channel the app came up ran it hit a to install then nothing just sits ther ewith the blue light flashing on the cd drive and the remote light goes out am i missing something >.<
November 09, 2009 05:14AM
Does anyone have an ETA on this update for MPlayer? I have the latest DVDx and MPlayer CE, and as far as I know am still incapable of playing a standard DVD.
November 09, 2009 08:00PM
I have same issue,
I have Wii version 4.2
have installed latest homebrew channel with DVDx (installed with Bannerbomb).
MPlayer CE 0.75 version.
None of my DVDs work. I went in through Wii DVD menu tooo ... no luck

Any news on new updates will help me too...

Thanks
November 09, 2009 11:05PM
We dont know when the next update will be.... Knowing Mplayer CE's Team, they are taking their time to make it as nice as possible. Just be patient.
November 16, 2009 09:26PM
Hmm, if they just need to change references to the dvdx title name then should be pretty quick to do a new release, no?

If the source is out there, I'd do it myself if I knew how to compile it and what exactly I needed to replace...
November 16, 2009 10:06PM
Same issue here. I'm on menu 4.2 also. (Bannerbomb install)
Installed dvdx and downloaded mplayer ce and cant run any of my dvd's. The wii sounds like its working hard when you put in a dvd but nothing happens after that. Hopefully a mplayer update will make this right.
November 17, 2009 04:02AM
^^ yes like I said before an update will fix this. However, they are doing more than just changing DVDX to DISC. They are making a completely new GUI too. Just wait a while.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login