Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

friend sent a wii in for repair and it had preloader hacks still on it got a ?

Posted by tanis698 
friend sent a wii in for repair and it had preloader hacks still on it got a ?
August 02, 2009 03:39AM
he got it back and wanted me to softmod it.everything went fine but when i tried using the hacks.ini no matter what i try it always says hacks.ini not found.i tried everything i could think of formatting card using diffrent ones nothing worked.forgot to add he is on 4.1u

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2009 03:40AM by tanis698.
Re: friend sent a wii in for repair and it had preloader hacks still on it got a ?
August 02, 2009 09:44PM
Sure you got the 4.1U hacks? Are you using an SDHC card? Preloader doesn't support them.

EDIT: Oh and I'd advise against "softmodding". This is generally a term used at sites such as GBAFail to mean installing warez and fail like that on your Wii. Generally speaking, "softmod" guides are illegal and dangerous, and even worse are "softmod packages" like FailMii.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2009 09:46PM by SifJar.
yes i have the right hacks i triple checked.it is a regular 2gb nintendo wii sd card.i used it on my wii and worked fine on 4.1u..i guess you could say i didn't really softmodd it just bannerbomb,bootmii,preloader .could it be he didn't remove preloader and the hacks.ini before he sent it in to nintendo?i have tried a few sd cards all under 2gb.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2009 05:54PM by tanis698.
Re: friend sent a wii in for repair and it had preloader hacks still on it got a ?
August 03, 2009 11:58AM
You could try running NandClean, see if it finds any hacks or anything, but I doubt that's the cause...

Are you sure the hacks.ini is formatted right? By which I mean, I have heard there are problems caused by linebreaks etc.

Oh, and USB Loader isn't supported here, because it's usually used for piracy.
i tried nand clean and hacks remove tool no good.i copy and paste off wiki site.tried naming hacks,hacks.ini no luck.sorry about posting about loaders i edited my message.
August 03, 2009 06:09PM
yeah, copying and pasting can cause errors. check there are no spaces after any lines, and no blank lines.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login