Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew browser problems...

Posted by linkinparkluvr22 
Homebrew browser problems...
August 24, 2009 08:25PM
Mine won't even start up anymore.

When I go to open it, I get either one of two things;
It goes and gets the network initialized, the settings get loaded, and then it tell me that it could not create '/apps/homebrew_browser/temp_directory'
OR
It gets as far as the network check, it goes to get the homebrew files, says that they were retrieved, but then sits there for about 5 minutes more or less, and comes back saying that they couldn't be found and it looks for them again, and it repeats until it just shuts itself down.

I wiped out my whole SD card and started new, and it worked the first time, but when I went to go use the browser a second time, it did the same thing. I even got a new SD card now, and it's still not working.

I have the latest version, installed homebrew channel through bannerbomb.

Help? :[
Re: Homebrew browser problems...
August 24, 2009 10:48PM
try reformatting the SD card?
August 24, 2009 11:07PM
I already did that once, though. I guess I'll try one more time but it's not like I want to reformat my SD card every day. :\
August 24, 2009 11:14PM
Actually, I just reformatted it and put the browser back on, and when I went to start it up, it got pretty far, and then it said DEBUG-furite-NOT OWNER [1] and then went to the screen with the gray lines and just froze.

So.

Now it's really screwed up.
August 24, 2009 11:22PM
lock switch on the SD card must be on. :)
August 24, 2009 11:27PM
Nope, it wasn't.
Lol sorry I'm like shooting everything down, but I mean it's true. I don't know what's going on.

I switched SD cards, and now it works fine. So it must just be that SD card or something. *shrug*
Technology and I usually don't seem to mix very well. -_-
August 24, 2009 11:31PM
SD cards do die after a while.... its sad to see those little things go :P
August 25, 2009 01:17AM
Oh really? I don't know, all of the games and stuff on it still worked. It was just the HBB. But oh well, doesn't matter, I fixed the problem haha.
August 25, 2009 01:43AM
Cool glad I could (sort of) help and they do die after a while
August 25, 2009 08:55PM
No problem, thanks :] Any help is appreciated haha. Yeah I didn't know that...good thing mine is relatively new haha.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login