Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[VC GAME] Zelda:OOT (PAL 50Hz)

Posted by todds 
[VC GAME] Zelda:OOT (PAL 50Hz)
September 10, 2009 10:53PM
Hi,
I'm kinda new to this homebrewing stuff, and I couldnt find any threads about this, so here it goes...

I really wanted to play Zelda: OOT on my Wii, so I bought the game from the Shop Channel and started to play.
The first thing I noticed was the FPS, the game we're SLOW, so I googled it alittle and found out that the game is forced to PAL 50hz, which is changeable if you know how to change the region on your Wii.

That's why I'm here now, I REALLY want to please this game, it's one of the best Zelda series out there and when I first play it, I want to enjoy it.
I recently upgraded my Wii to 4.1E and I can't get the AnyRegion Changer to work, or maybe I don't know how to use/install it.

Any help would be appreciated!

Regards,
todds.
Re: [VC GAME] Zelda:OOT (PAL 50Hz)
September 10, 2009 11:03PM
There's an application called gecko os that you can use to force a region (among other things) to a game. Get the app, and when you run it, on the menu there's an options section. Enter the options menu, and I'm pretty sure there's an option to force PAL50 (not sure). After you do that, go back to the menu, and click on "Launch Channel". That should be it. If you need any more help, just ask!! :)

Also, one more thing, what is your system menu version?
September 11, 2009 12:18AM
I'm running System Menu 4.1E atm, but I can't find the "Launch Channel" options in Gecko OS. :\

EDIT1: I got Gecko OS 1.9.2, and I think that is the lastest version aswell.

-todds

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2009 12:20AM by todds.
September 11, 2009 12:41AM
Ok

I found a application called "StartPatch" which does the same thing for System Menu 4.0 and 4.1, but I get this error when I try to run it; ES_Identify (as SU) Error: -1047.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm pretty new to this, but it said that I need the following:
-A cIOS rev12 or higher installed for 4.1
-A trucha enabled IOS 36 installed for 4.0

How do I get this stuff? I installed the newest Homebrew channel via Bannerbomb or w/e its called and I installed the other stuff too, DVDx etc.
September 11, 2009 01:09AM
todds
A cIOS rev12 or higher installed for 4.1
Thats an application. Its not supported here, so you need to google it to find it. When you launch it from your HBC, select network installation, and it will install. Then try using starpatch. :)

Edit: I'm not sure if cIOS rev12 installs on a european system menu....Could someone confirm this, please?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2009 01:10AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
September 12, 2009 01:43AM
You don't need a "cIOS rev 12" - just an IOS249 that accepts fake signing. There are multiple ways to do it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login