Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

fceugc not recognizing 2nd wiimote

Posted by fulk 
fceugc not recognizing 2nd wiimote
February 02, 2010 08:56AM
I just installed the Homebrew Channel and fceugc. Everything works perfectly, but I can't get fceugc to recognize a 2nd wii remote. I've tried syncing by pressing 1&2, by pressing the red button by the SD card, and even changed the batteries. The 2nd wii remote just blinks and never gets recognized. Any help as to how to solve this issue would be appreciated.
Re: fceugc not recognizing 2nd wiimote
February 02, 2010 03:13PM
Press the red button next to the SD card, while being in the system menu. Also you need to press the red button next to the batteries on your wiimote at the same time. Refer to the Wii instructions manual for more detailed information on how to sync the wiimotes. If that doesn't help, ask here again.
February 02, 2010 05:51PM
I'd suggest syncing both wiimotes prior to using HBC and FCEU instead of trying to sync the second while using either FCEU or HBC. In my experience a wiimote will stay connected to the console when accessing homebrew. So start up the wii console then sync both your wiimotes, then access your homebrew via HBC.

Also by trying to sync both wiimotes before accessing homebrew may tell you more about what the problem may be. Like say if the second wiimote refuses to connect at all to the console then the problem could be your wii and not the homebrew.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2010 05:52PM by nightwishfan1.
February 02, 2010 11:15PM
nightwishfan1
I'd suggest syncing both wiimotes prior to using HBC and FCEU instead of trying to sync the second while using either FCEU or HBC. In my experience a wiimote will stay connected to the console when accessing homebrew. So start up the wii console then sync both your wiimotes, then access your homebrew via HBC.

Also by trying to sync both wiimotes before accessing homebrew may tell you more about what the problem may be. Like say if the second wiimote refuses to connect at all to the console then the problem could be your wii and not the homebrew.

I synced both wiimotes in the Wii menu, and they both connected. I'm able to use them both as long as I'm in the Wii menu or playing any game or in any other channel. When I go to the Homebrew Channel, the first wiimote will continue to work, but the second one just turns off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2010 11:18PM by fulk.
February 03, 2010 10:04AM
You need to permanently register the wiimotes in the System Menu, this is different from the temporary synchronization that you got by pressing 1+2. Read your Wii user manual to know how to register additional wiimotes (using the red sync buttons).

The reason is that wiimotes are shutdown when leaving the system menu and homebrew applications need to retrieve bluetooth informations to be able to automatically reconnect them. These infos are in a configuration file stored in internal memory, but (apparently) does not include wiimotes that were temporary synchronized.

Older homebrew were using temporary synchronization as well but it was painful to press 1+2 everytime you started a new app, it's easier to have them permanently registered anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2010 10:05AM by ekeeke.
February 05, 2010 05:10AM
That worked. Thanks for your help.
August 23, 2010 06:26PM
I am having a similar problem but it appears to be system wide. I am well versed in the red button syncing methods and have tried them to exhaustion. When I hold down the red button next to the SD slot for 15secs to reset the wiimote connections I am then able to sync any one of my wiimotes quite easily. The problem arises when I try to sync the second or third remotes. If I press the home button on the working remote and then press A on any of the other wiimotes, they sync but unsync as soon as I leave the "home screen". I pretty much only use this wii to watch Netflix so I'm not entirely sure where in my homebrew process I lost the ability to sync multiple wiimotes, but just to give you some info on what I'm working with here: I have Homebrew 1.8 (installed through update), Ver 4.2 and ios58 installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
August 24, 2010 06:10PM
sethpf
I am well versed in the red button syncing methods and have tried them to exhaustion.

And you are pressing A or home to sync the remotes??

For syncing the remotes using the red button, you need to press also the OTHER red button inside each wiimote. Remove the batteries cover to find it.

Try syncing you remotes one by one (one for each press of the red button next to the SD slot) instead of all at once.
August 24, 2010 08:13PM
Yeah, I know. Thanks for your help but as I stated, I was following the nintendo written instructions. I got it to work with a patented "unplug the wii for 30 second, replug it in and try again"...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login