Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gecko says "No DVD Found" with brawl

Posted by Calvo 
Gecko says "No DVD Found" with brawl
August 16, 2010 09:46PM
Few days back, i was playing brawl (which was run through gecko) and everything was perfectly fine. I shut it off to take a break, then when i turned it back on, gecko told me no DVD was found. I tried running brawl through the disc channel, everything was fine. the problem seems to only happen on Gecko. Every now and then, gecko will run it, but after a few seconds, i get an error screen, although this happens on the Disc channel, though not very often. wtf is happening >.>
Re: Gecko says "No DVD Found" with brawl
August 16, 2010 10:19PM
Calvo
I tried running brawl through the disc channel, everything was fine. the problem seems to only happen on Gecko.
Calvo
Every now and then, gecko will run it, but after a few seconds, i get an error screen, although this happens on the Disc channel, though not very often.

I find some sort of contradiction here... First you say it only happens with Gecko and not with the Disc channel, and then you say this also happens on the Disc channel but not very often.

The only explanation I can think of, is that if it also occurs when launched from the Disc channel, then it most probably is because of your Wii laser lens is dirty. Several Wii have problems reading Brawl disc since it is double layered (DVD9) and it looks that the Wii lens is very suceptible to dust or dirt.
August 16, 2010 10:24PM
i meant it the first time i ran the disc channel. after that, id get the error screen, but not often.

ill try using a lens cleaner and see if it helps, thanks for the help dude
October 04, 2010 04:46AM
how about send the game to nintendo
October 04, 2010 05:23AM
One don't bring back dead post, and second your post made no sense and had nothing to do with the topic was about.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login