Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii Moonstone: A Hard Days Knight

Posted by Baboon 
Wii Moonstone: A Hard Days Knight
December 23, 2010 10:19PM
Don't know if anybody would be interested about this on here but...

I've used DOSBox-Wii and configured and compiled it to work and autoboot the classic gory Amiga/PC game 'Moonstone: A Hard Days Knight'. This version is the original PC game running via DOSBox-wii (1.5) which simply autoboots into the game and has the controls mapped and binded to the wiimote so that you no longer need to use a usb keyboard.

To run simply extract the moonstone zip file and place the moonstone folder into the apps folder on the wii and then load as normal via the homebrew channel.

Controls:
Use the wiimote's d-pad to move your knight and the button's 1 to attack and 2 to bring up your magic item inventory screen. To skip the game's long intro press the - button. Only 1-player games currently work.

Thanks to Dborth and Carl Kenner for porting DOSBox to the Wii and to Todd Prescott, Rob Anderson and Mindscape for creating the original game on the Amiga and PC.

Moonstone is officially free Abandonware so there should be no problem sharing it.

For more infomation on this classic game (including tutorials on how to play) visit the excellent fan made site: moonstonetavern

Download (version 1.1): [www.mediafire.com]

Enjoy :)

edit: I've just updated the download link with a newer version and have made it so you can skip the game's long intro by pressing the - button.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2010 02:03PM by Baboon.
Re: Wii Moonstone: A Hard Days Knight
December 28, 2010 05:02PM
Outstanding!

Thanks! I'll sure give it a try!
January 17, 2011 12:36AM
this looks sweet ! nice !
May 14, 2012 06:37PM
Hi,
I would like to play Prehistoric or Digger the same way you made Moonstone but i don't have keyboard that i could plug to a wii. Could you tell what to put into config file to emulate keyboard arrows (up, down, left, right) and spacebar, esc and F1 keys?

I would be very appreciated :)
May 16, 2012 06:47AM
Would prefer to see someone properly configure windows 95 to run full speed. Runs fine on machines using dosbox with lesser processing power than the Wii. With the right configuration for that practically anything compatible with windows 95 could run.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2012 07:00AM by nightwishfan1.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login