Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Genesis Plus help!

Posted by kezza825 
Genesis Plus help!
April 15, 2009 03:32PM
Again, I have a problem with getting a Homebrew application to work=( Now the problem is Genesis Plus . I've downloaded it a few times to check if it was the download what was not working but then i went to the Tehskeen website and that wasn't working either. I've put the file in the apps directory on it's own and in it's own file then I ran my Homebrew and they both didn't work, I don't know what is causing this but is the file ment to 7z or bin? (It's one of them two i can't remember which one the file was called but im sure it's one of them two). please help because I am dying to play Sonic the Hedgehog.
Re: Genesis Plus help!
April 15, 2009 11:09PM
Right, seriously people, I'm getting pissed off now because I could of put the Genesis emulator on my Wii several hours ago>:-( I know that one of you out there knows how I can solve this problem but you're too lazy click the reply button and type my solution>:-( So please can someone help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
April 15, 2009 11:21PM
geez... what's up with kids nowadays ? are you just so used to have everything immediately & for free that you lose all patience ?

i answered you on tehskeen btw, 7z files are 7zip archives, not HBC application files...
April 16, 2009 04:40AM
kezza825
Right, seriously people, I'm getting pissed off now because I could of put the Genesis emulator on my Wii several hours ago>:-( I know that one of you out there knows how I can solve this problem but you're too lazy click the reply button and type my solution>:-( So please can someone help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi, I am DrLucky..I have been helping out on the Wiibrew forums for several months now, voluntarily and without pay. i'm not even a mod...
But I like to help when I can as a way of thanking the community for what they have created. So, we aren't too lazy, we are probably busy....

Now, I will STILL help you, but be nicer next time...

they need to be in .dol or .elf files... extraxt the 7z file once or twice until you get a dol file. then rename it boot.dol and put it in its own directory in the apps folder in the root.
April 17, 2009 04:40AM
.7z is an encrypted format. Extract the files with WinRAR or a similar program and them place them in your SD card.

Now I don't know why I'm helping you after the complaint. Realize that people aren't going to respond right away, this isn't a terribly active forum. Next time do a little more research while waiting for a response and try to fix it on your own. You could have found a solution by simply searching ".7z file format" on Google.
April 17, 2009 04:47AM
Tenken00
.7z is an encrypted format. Extract the files with WinRAR or a similar program and them place them in your SD card.

Now I don't know why I'm helping you after the complaint. Realize that people aren't going to respond right away, this isn't a terribly active forum. Next time do a little more research while waiting for a response and try to fix it on your own. You could have found a solution by simply searching ".7z file format" on Google.
Yeah it bugs me that some people don't just take 5 seconds to research their problem using Google...
April 17, 2009 05:03AM
I'd have to agree with you there, but then I'd be a hypocrite. If you look at my other topic related to the SNES emulator I did something similar. However, I did put a whole lot more effort into it, and made it somewhat worthwhile...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login