Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WiiDoom problem

Posted by Kezza826 
WiiDoom problem
April 22, 2009 06:52PM
What am I doing wrong? The WiiDoom application won't work>:-( I've tried every possible way to try and make it work. Everytime I load WiiDoom up it comes up with "error occurred" and loads of numbers!!! anyone help?!

I know I haven't explained much and gave detail but I don't know how because it's too complicated.
Re: WiiDoom problem
April 22, 2009 08:55PM
Try deleting the app and downloading it via the HBB.
April 22, 2009 09:19PM
I haven't got Homebrew Browser and I don't have internet connection on the Wii.

I deleted the app, now I'm going to start from scratch. In the pwad file what do I put in it? Before, I put in the doom1.wad and the prboom.wad and I tried them two separately as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2009 09:26PM by Kezza826.
April 23, 2009 01:01PM
I had the same problem. Try deleting everything and then reinstalling it exactly as the readme describes (be sure to scroll across or turn on word wrap). Also, "pwad" is for add-on wads. The main game wads should just sit in the "prboom" folder, which itself should be in the root of the SD card (like rom folders for emulators).
April 23, 2009 06:39PM
What are add on wads and by main games wads do you mean "Doom1.wad" or "prboom.wad"?
April 23, 2009 07:28PM
I was deliberately vague because I' not entirely sure. I believe that pwads are data packs used for expansion packs; perhaps mods in general. The core data of the game is supplied by the main wad, such as, like you say, prboom.wad and doom1.wad.

According to the instructions, prboom.wad and another wad (e.g Doom1.wad) must be in the prboom folder on the root of the SD.

By the way, this is actually a port of Prboom, which is an engine for all the early Doom games. So, if you have the Doom 2 wad, you can put it in the prboom folder and choose to play Doom2 at the wad loader.

It seems unusual to be discussing "wads" with impunity in this forum.
April 24, 2009 08:14PM
Ok, thanks. If it doesn't work again and you have WiiDoom set up on your SD card (working status) could you upload it to Rapidshare and send me the link so I can just drop your WiiDoom file into my apps directory

It'll be appriciated very much.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login