Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew Disc Loader

Posted by thedemon13666 
Homebrew Disc Loader
April 24, 2009 03:19PM
Hi im having a massive problem using the homebrew disc loader.

I am trying to put the sega genesis plus emulator onto a dvd to use with the disc loader.

I have taken the genesisforwii.dol and renamed it boot.dol and placed it in a folder called emulator.

I am then burning this folder to a dvd using nero, burning as a dvd using iso9660 which is what the help says.

When i place the dvd in the wii and run the homebrew discloader, it says that there are no suitable files on the disc.

ANY help will be seriously appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Homebrew Disc Loader
April 24, 2009 03:58PM
what's genesisforwii.dol and where does it come from ? I never named any of the release like that :-/

about your problem, did you (properly) install dvdx first ?
April 24, 2009 04:02PM
by genesis for the wii i mean i downloaded genesis plus and it came in a zip with different versions of genesis plus for different consoles. I chose the wii one and renamed that as boot.dol the ACTUAL filename was genplus_wii.dol

yeh ive definitly installed dvdx. I have managed to play a dvd movie on it.

am i supposed to do anything with the genplus_wii.elf file and icon.png file?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2009 04:03PM by thedemon13666.
April 24, 2009 09:03PM
Sorry for the bother but this is driving me mad, and i know its not a difficult thing to do, i just dont know where its going wrong.
April 25, 2009 11:47PM
Are you sure it should be in ISO format? As far as I know, DVD loading just works like loading from any other storage medium.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2009 11:47PM by alainvey.
April 26, 2009 01:22AM
it says on the instructions to make the dvd in the iso9660 format,

the farthest i have ever managed to get is that it recognises there is a dvd in however it says there are no suitable programs on the disc, however id expect that yould be able to load genesis plus
April 26, 2009 02:40PM
Maybe there isn't enough data on the DVD ? I know this would happen on GC bootable DVD where there was a minimal ISO size for the files to be properly read (no idea why though)

Add a /genplus/roms directory at the root of the DVD and fill it with a bunch of ROM files
Put meta.xml and boot.dol into the /genplus directory.
Do the same with other emulators as well (/snes9x, /fceu, etc...) to have a least 500MB of data on your DVD

I personnaly never tried this way of loading homebrew and sadly, there is no sourcecode available to check how the launcher detect "valid" applications from the DVD.
June 30, 2009 06:51PM
tried that, it read the disc once but said there were no suitable programs, then the second time i tried it, the screen just stayed black
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login