Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Issues with FCEU GX saved games

Posted by raptir 
Issues with FCEU GX saved games
April 28, 2009 12:30AM
Despite having had the homebrew channel on my wii for a while, I really only got into using homebrew recently. I've been using FCEU GX (installed through the homebrew browser) and I've been having some issues. Occasionally my saved games get corrupted. The degree can vary. Once it was just to where it wouldn't load the saved game (it would go through the motions of doing it, and then just leave me at my current state before I tried to load). Another time it would code dump when I tried to load the save. Most recently, it was corrupted to where Windows couldn't delete the directory off of my SD card and I had to format the card. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be the cause? I have the latest version of the Homebrew Channel installed, using the latest version of FCEU GX. I've tried using two different SD cards as well as a USB Flash Drive, and I've had no luck. The flash drive was even worse. Many times it would fail to be able to save, saying that it couldn't find the USB drive.

So, two main questions...

- What could be corrupting my saved games like this?
- Is the USB issue a common issue (as in, is USB support poor) or is it a problem specific to me and therefore possibly related to my corruption problem?

EDIT: I wanted to add in my two theories. First, it could be related to having had a USB hard drive plugged in while I was using FCEU. I'm testing that now, but I know that this step did not fix the flash drive working. The second could be shutting down my Wii without exiting FCEU first. I have no idea if either of these could be the cause, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2009 01:21AM by raptir.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login