Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with region free problems with 4.0...

Posted by TenbatsU 
Help with region free problems with 4.0...
May 12, 2009 08:20AM
Hey guys and gals,

I got a problem, I've had the HBC installed for a while now, and I use it solely for region free gaming, as I'm a big import gamer. So I've played other import games before with no problem.....until today >_<. I bought Monster Hunter G and was uber excited to play it....and I get slapped with an "Error #002" message when I try to load it with gecko. Much to my grief, my girlfriend always updates my system menu when she uses the WiiFit when available, so I'm stuck with 4.0. The latest version of Gecko I had installed was 1.07b I think, and I know that #002 is an ISO problem....but now I get a sinking feeling and here's my real question-

- I uploaded the newest Gecko, and thanks to 4.0, my Wii won't recognize it. Is there ANYTHING I can do to get Monster Hunter G running on my Wii, or did I just pretty much piss my 70 bucks away until a 4.0 work-around is developed?

Thanks a lot in advance for all your help.
Re: Help with region free problems with 4.0...
May 12, 2009 05:34PM
I'm not having any issues with the latest Gecko via HBC, so I can't say the issue is with 4.0.
Have you tried downloading it via the Homebrew Browser?
May 12, 2009 06:50PM
How do I DL through HBC? I've tried it before, but I don't think I'm doing it right, cause' nothing happens.

I thought the problem was with 4.0 because from what I've been reading, new apps DL'ed into HBC after 4.0 won't work, and I need to download the new Gecko to get Monster Hunter to work
May 12, 2009 07:16PM
Not through HBC, through Homebrew Browser (HBB).
Just copy the homebrew_browser folder (and contents) from the zip into yoursdcard:\apps\
i.e. the boot.dol will be located in yoursdcard:\apps\homebrew_browser\boot.dol
Then you can run that from the list in HBC to easily download & manage your homebrew apps.
Gecko OS is on the utilities tab if I remember right.
I'm suggesting the Homebrew Browser because it will put the files in the right place for the Homebrew Channel to use.

Alternatively, check over the directories manually.
Gecko1901.zip\Gecko1901\Gecko1901\HBC\Gecko1901
You are going to want to extract the contents of the last Gecko1901 to yoursdcard:\apps\Gecko1901\

HBC is going to look for something close to yoursdcard:\apps\Gecko1901\boot.elf
Make sure the boot.elf is there, and it should appear in the list.

The issue detecting the newest gecko has to be with the directory layout or something similar, because I'm running 4.0E here, and not having those issues.
Hopefully I made that clear enough to help =/

Edits for clairty.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2009 07:33PM by PhoenixTank.
May 13, 2009 01:50AM
Yup, that did it! thanks so much....I can be a bone head sometimes!
May 13, 2009 02:48AM
You're welcome. Always happy to help importers where I can =)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login