Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FCE UltraGX , black screen after launch

Posted by thedeitz 
FCE UltraGX , black screen after launch
May 24, 2009 03:15AM
FCE UltraGX, SNES9xGX, VBAGX, won't work anymore. All my other hbc apps work, but when I try and load the new emulators, I get a black screen, and the wii restarts.
Does anybody know how to fix this?
Re: FCE UltraGX , black screen after launch
May 26, 2009 04:18AM
dunno. Try re downloading the apps. That's all i got. good luck
June 10, 2009 03:34AM
I'm getting the exact same problem. I think Tantric suggested that the problem was caused by cIOSes, then he recommended using AnyTitleDeleter to delete them. However I don't know which one to delete, and I'm sure I need the ones I did put on there, so... help!

PROBLEM SOLVED! All I had to do was delete DVDX off the system and it worked fine. That sounds simple but... AnytitleDeleter wouldn't work because it only works on menus below 3.4. So I had to re-use the Hackmii installer which has an option to uninstall DVDX. Both emulators worked fine after that

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2009 05:23AM by Roobix.
June 11, 2009 02:52AM
... or maybe I spoke too soon. I seem to have brought about this error again somehow. I installed an IOS36 wad because I was having trouble getting preloader to run, and after that its back to a black screen again, and now this time, installing and uninstalling DVDX doesn't do anything.

How do Snes9x and FCE Ultra (and that VBA one) interact with IOS36 that is causing them to fail anytime I make a change to that IOS? Can anyone help me out?

I've tried uninstalling the custom IOSes and dvdx.

I'll see if I can provide some more details.

I'm on menu 4.0U with both Bootmii and Preloader installed, as well as Waninkoko's latest cIOS13b. I'm trying to load the latest versions of FCE Ultra and Snes9x although the same problem seems to occur with the same version.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2009 04:06AM by Roobix.
June 13, 2009 09:28PM
My apologies for triple-posting, but I have resolved the issue.

I think it must have been an issue with the SD card because I needed to delete and then re-download a number of homebrew applications to get them working, it wasn't just FCE Ultra GX and Snes9X the second time.

So to sum it up:
1. Uninstalling dvdx worked the first time
2. Re-downloading the homebrew apps fixed the problem the second time
June 20, 2009 11:51PM
I am having the same issue with all of the GX emulators. I get a black screen and my wii locks up. Everything was working fine until I installed bootmii. When I would launch one of the GX browsers it would go to the bootmii screen instead. I tried uninstalling bootmii and now I get a black screen instead. I tried reformatting my SD card, tried re-installing all of the apps, I tried a second SD card and still the same problem.

Is there some conflict happening with one of the new IOS changes? Other emulators I have tried seem to work such as Stella.

HBC 1.0.3 installed. Currently on 3.4u system.

Thank you

Update: Apparently removing DVDx fixed my problem. (I had thought I had already done that previously). Will see if it stops working again like above poster.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2009 12:05AM by coyo5050.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login