Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SD Explorer (Black Screen of Death)

Posted by 4.0u 
SD Explorer (Black Screen of Death)
May 24, 2009 11:15AM
Does anyone know why I am getting a black frozen screen whenever I try to load the SD Explorer??

I have a softmodded v3.1 and I'm using a 4GB Mirco SD card with SD adapter.

Is there any alternatives that offer the same functions as the SD adapter?

Thank ya!
Re: SD Explorer (Black Screen of Death)
May 24, 2009 06:55PM
I remember once that I also had a problem with SD Explorer. I just had to delete it all and then re-download it through Homebrew Browser. Give that a shot :-P.

I don't think there's another file browser out there for the Wii that's worth anything as an alternative.

I use a 2 GB microSD card with adapter too, so it's definitely not an adapter problem, but it COULD have a SDHC problem, however that is highly unlikely.
May 26, 2009 12:52AM
I think it misbehaved for me when the config folder wasn't set up right.
SDHC could be a cause, though. Last compile of that .dol was a while back... the version of libogc may not have had SDHC added yet.
I'm working on a branch/rewrite of SD explorer, which you may want to keep an eye out for (see my wiki user page).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2009 02:13AM by PhoenixTank.
May 26, 2009 05:16AM
Go Mr. Phoenix!! I'd love to see a new version of this software with a little more functionality and maybe, just maybe widescreen support :-D
May 26, 2009 06:04AM
I'd love to see a new version of it too, lol. In fact, I needed one that was a little more robust, and didn't want to keep using my phone as a means to add/remove files. Irony is that I really needed to buy a SD reader to work on this. At least when this is done, pure laziness can prevail for me.
I figured it was a good app to update/rewrite: Key application, 6+ months with no update, no USB support, and a long list of requested ideas.
As for widescreen... umm... unless libwiigui has something built in, or it is easy to add, that is lowww on the list.

Um, for the OP, I could upload a copy of SD Explorer compiled with a newer version of libfat (plus a modified version of the modified skin). That should enable SDHC, though I have no way to test it.
May 26, 2009 06:58PM
PhoenixTank
I'd love to see a new version of it too, lol. In fact, I needed one that was a little more robust, and didn't want to keep using my phone as a means to add/remove files. Irony is that I really needed to buy a SD reader to work on this. At least when this is done, pure laziness can prevail for me.
I figured it was a good app to update/rewrite: Key application, 6+ months with no update, no USB support, and a long list of requested ideas.
As for widescreen... umm... unless libwiigui has something built in, or it is easy to add, that is lowww on the list.

Um, for the OP, I could upload a copy of SD Explorer compiled with a newer version of libfat (plus a modified version of the modified skin). That should enable SDHC, though I have no way to test it.

That's what betatesters are for!!! :-P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login