Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Preloader Help: Modchip interfiering

Posted by metroid_maniac 
Preloader Help: Modchip interfiering
June 06, 2009 09:52AM
this pretty much explains it:

After installing Bootmi/Boot2 on my 3.2j wii, I region changed through anyregion changer to 3.2u, along with the aproppriate settings. No Semi-Brick! However, Discs didn't work through the Disc Channel. No problem, I have a Gecko OS channel. So I tried installing Preloader. Worked! Put the 3.2u hacks.ini on the SD card in the root, and I booted up into Preloader menu and turned on the "Skip Disc Update" and "Region Free Discs", amongst others. Still didn't work. I have an unknown, region free modchip (bought the wii off eBay) but I don't understand how that would affect anything with region free on. Help?

Edit: Gamecube games work through Gecko OS, but not through disc channel. still has gamcube logo though

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2009 11:39AM by metroid_maniac.
Re: Preloader Help: Modchip interfiering
June 07, 2009 02:23PM
Um... Please try to reformat your message in a more clear fashion. What is the actual problem?
Re: Preloader Help: Modchip interfiering
June 07, 2009 05:37PM
I region changed 3.2j to 3.2u and installed preloader. discs are not working, due to my unknown drivechip. after experimenting I have realised I need to change the settings on my drivechip, or leave it semi-bricked if I want to play games in the disc channel. I DO NOT WANT TO SEMI-BRICK IT!!! So I`ll see what chip I have.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login