fceugx and snes9x save states over a network
June 09, 2009 07:33AM
I got the loading to work across a network, but I can't seem to get save states to work. The emulator says error saving file. I check on my PC's shared folder and it creates the save files, but they are 0 bytes long.

Any ideas? The wii has full control and permissions as far as I can tell.
Re: fceugx and snes9x save states over a network
June 09, 2009 08:20PM
Yes I've heard this before, but it doesn't happen for me. I have no idea what the problem is.
June 11, 2009 07:02AM
This all the sudden started happening for me too. I dont know if it was a fluke, but I was messing around with permissions after the fact and I got snes9x to start saving again... but fceugx still fails every time.

I am using Vista Ultimate 64bit, I am gonna test it on an XP machine tomorrow.
January 18, 2010 12:34AM
I'm having the same issue with all three emulators (vba, fceu, and snes9x). It'll save and load states GREAT from the SD. But I would really like it to save and load states that are located on the network and it's not. Here is my setup:
Windows Vista Professional (32-bit).
I created a share on it for each emulator (named: NES, SNES, GBA)
Inside each share I created two folders: Saves and Cheats
I gave "Everyone" read only share and security permissions for the parent folders and then I gave Everyone FULL security permissions for the Saves and Cheats folders.
In the emu I point it to the IP and then tell it the proper share to point to in the network settings.
...Now this next part is where I don't know how to test/setup....
In the save settings I tell it to save to the network and then I point it to "Saves". I've also tried "nes/saves". But neither work. Where am I going wrong?

Something donned on me while I was writing this and I'll test it out later, but if you can get back asap with an answer/reply, but would be greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2010 01:41PM by Soteriologist.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login