Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MULTIPLE ISSUES with Visual Boy Advance gx

Posted by wad11656 
MULTIPLE ISSUES with Visual Boy Advance gx
June 11, 2009 09:12AM
First off, I j

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2009 09:14AM by wad11656.
Re: MULTIPLE ISSUES with Visual Boy Advance gx
June 11, 2009 09:15AM
First off, I just wanna say that this app is AWESOME and so great. It's been so fun having it!!

But I have experienced multiple issues very frequently with this emulator while browsing through/adjusting the interface through the menu screens:

While playing a GameBoy Advance game and pressing the home button, and trying to go back to the start/ROM selection menu, I get the following message:

Load from USB:

Load from Network:

As you can see, it also happens when trying to load from the network/server (smb).

What it's doing is looking for an un-named folder within the root folder that contains the "roms" and "saves" directories, but there is obviously no such thing on my USB.

After going through a series of "Retry" 's and "Cancel" 's, I get this message:

I think it only tells me that because it's not able to find "usb://vbagx/roms", which makes sense.

The only way I can escape this madness is if I choose "Change Settings" or whatever instead of "Retry/Cancel" and making the default ROM loader the SD, which in my case, is blank, but still contains the "roms" and "saves" directories. The problem is, my SD card only holds 256 Mb--basically only enough for my apps, but not my ROMS, which is why I store them in the USB.

After I reset, for the first couple times, it switched back to normal and looked in the proper directory again until I went back to the main menu from in-game, but when I tried it again for this demonstration, it never changed back, but kept looking for an nonexistent directory. In short: I can no longer load ROMS from my USB!! D:

No, I did not modify the directory paths for load/save:

Also, when you go to the video options menu while playing a game, the entire wii system crashes/freezes after trying to change certain settings (progressive, etc.), which forces me to manually restart the wii every time. This has actually happened to me just about every time I've started the emulator somewhere within the menus.

The emulator's GREAT!! The menu system just needs some major bug fixing. I'm sure that directory thing shouldn't be too hard to fix, but originally it DOES look in the proper directory ("usb:/vbagx/roms") Oh well.

Thanks for reading!

EDIT:
I'm also wondering if anyone's ever found a solution to this for their USB...??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2009 06:19AM by wad11656.
June 18, 2009 07:36PM
Can I at least get some confirmation that this is getting worked on?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2009 07:36PM by wad11656.
June 19, 2009 01:19PM
I'd post this at the googlecode page if I were you. Find the link on the wiki page for the emulator, and add an issue to the issues section.

This is probably already flagged to some degree. The video problems are something I've noticed, but I think the USB issues might be user error.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login