June 29, 2009 08:51PM
WaxyPumpkin72
Arikado
Super Mario Bros. is a GBA game?

[www.gamespot.com]
Thats Super Mario Bros. 3
Re: VBAG cheats?
June 29, 2009 08:53PM
Are you serious, Arikado? Are you really going to fight with me about something this dumb?LOL, i'll go edit my post, and change it to super mario bros. 3 ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2009 08:54PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
June 29, 2009 08:59PM
Arikado
(Look at how the pirate bay was hosted in Sweden for years until only recently when Sweden cracked down and imprisoned the people behind the site)

The people behind the site was indeed condemned. But that was only by "tingsrätten" as it's called here in Sweden. And the judgement will most likely (like 99.9999 % probability) soon be appealed against and will then be judged by "hovrätten". When hovrätten's judgement is made, it will also most likely (like 99.5 % probability) be appealed against and brougth up to "högsta domstolen". Because of this, we can't actually know whether or not the people behind pirate bay will suffer any punishment before 2013 or something like that.

What my point is: For now, the people behind pirate bay are not in prison.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2009 09:00PM by profetylen.
June 29, 2009 09:09PM
Actually, I believe that I read that the people behind the site were denied the chance to appeal and are currently attempting to try and sue the Swedish government for denial of their human rights.
June 29, 2009 09:24PM
Maybe you have read about their attempt to appeal tingsrätten's judgement and have the court go to tingsätten again, with a new judge. Their argument for appealing was that the judge was a member of a couple of societies who advocate the copyright laws "too much" and therefore the judge was partial in his decision. As you said, their appeal failed, but they still have a chance to appeal to hovrätten and then to högsta domstolen.

What you say about suing the swedish government, I have heard or read nothing about, but that may be the result of me not reading the newspapers too carefully these days of summer holidays.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2009 09:26PM by profetylen.
June 30, 2009 01:27AM
Heres the article where I've gotten all of my current information from: [www.joystiq.com]

Edit: Upon a quick reread, there request for a retrial was denied, not their request for an appeal. Supposedly, they're still attempting to sue Sweden though :P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2009 01:30AM by Arikado.
June 30, 2009 03:05AM
Arikado
and imprisoned the people behind the site)

When were they imprisoned?
I thought there is no ultimate verdict
June 30, 2009 04:19AM
daniel_c_w
Arikado
and imprisoned the people behind the site)

When were they imprisoned?
I thought there is no ultimate verdict
Dont people usually go to prison after a guilty verdict is reached? See the link I posted above. Thats all I know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2009 04:20AM by Arikado.
June 30, 2009 04:20AM
Should this be moved to offtopic? :P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login