Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

snes9xgx problems

Posted by Tudor 
snes9xgx problems
June 30, 2009 07:33AM
I really like the layout and design of this emulator, but it seems to have a few bugs. the first is that if i load a snapshot/sram too many times, the emulator freezes. also if i access the game settings too many times, i wont be allowed to leave its menu. another is that if i put a code/cheat list thats too long, itll either show the codes (with many of the codes' names renamed to off or on) or it crashes with the text dump thing. the last problem ive encountered is that if i use cheats on one game, then i change games, the new game freezes up like its still trying to use the other's codes.

anyone know if these are known bugs? or if there is something i can do about it?
Re: snes9xgx problems
June 30, 2009 03:10PM
A new version was just released moments ago. Try that one and see how many of these bugs still exist.
June 30, 2009 07:22PM
oh will do. ill report back after testing.
July 08, 2009 05:59AM
am i the only one that has hardly any luck loading a rom with IPS files?
July 11, 2009 11:50AM
no at first i was when i patched the IPS file my self. then if found some roms with it done correct i thought i did but it didnt work when i did it so my advice would be find a rom that already has it patched. that then should work
July 11, 2009 07:22PM
I'm having some issues of my own. I installed the Homebrew Channel and a few emulators last night. One of them was Snes9x GX. I played a few roms and everything checked out. Today, I went to go play some more, and noticed one of my rom folders seemed to be corrupted.

I copy-pasted my roms within their original folders from my PC. I have so many it was easier for me to arrange them in folders, so it looks something like this on my SD card:

roms
--Action
--Adventure
--Superscope
--Puzzle
--RPG

...and so on. You get the idea. Well, yesterday I was playing some RPGs. One of them was actually the Dejap Tales of Phantasia, which may have had something to do with it, but I didn't move any .ips files over with my roms. Today, I loaded the RPG folder, and all the roms were gone, replaced with what appeared to be garbage at first glance. I put the SD card back into my computer and got this:

The first thing I did was show all the hidden files, and there were several. Then I tried to delete them all so I could put my RPG roms in there, sans a few which may have caused problems (patched ones such as the Dejap). However, I got an error saying it couldn't read from the source file or disc. I tried to delete the whole folder and got the same error message, saying I couldn't delete the files.

But as I said earlier, I previously had no problem loading and playing roms from the RPG folder. The only thing I can think that I did differently was delete some of the files I felt unnecessary at this point from the root (files I used to install the HB Channel). My root now looks like this, if anyone is wondering:

So now I can't delete these files and don't know what happened with my SD card. Can anyone help me out?
July 11, 2009 08:11PM
I hate to bump this already, but I just tried a temporary solution and wanted to post what I found.

I tried to copy every folder except my SNES RPG folder over to a new folder on my computer. Then I would reformat my SD card and put this new folder on the SD card, and re-add the SNES RPGs from my computer. In the process, I noticed that I couldn't copy over a save file for a GBA game because of the same error. It was one of those [AUTO] files.

Maybe a whole new problem, since that file doesn't look like garbage, but it's the same error, so I posted it here.
July 11, 2009 10:21PM
Good job with this kick ass emulator port but I have one problem when I play Super Smash TV after the first stage much of the audio cuts out and I am just left with the background music.
July 12, 2009 04:06PM
op89x
I hate to bump this already, but I just tried a temporary solution and wanted to post what I found.
Then use the edit button.

Regarding your SD Card problem, you may just want to get rid of your SD Card and use a new one. Sounds like the one you're currently using is dieing...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login