Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gecko OS Channel Loading Error

Posted by ayojoe13 
Gecko OS Channel Loading Error
July 02, 2009 08:44PM
Hey all, I keep getting the "Error Getting Channel List" message on GeckoOS when trying to load channels through it. I've looked at one guide right here and it confuses me, and goes way out of the way of what I have installed on my Wii. My second problem is that GeckoOS sometimes does not recognize my codes for games like Brawl when I clearly have the appropriate .GCT set up in my codes folder. Here are the stats of what was done to my Wii in order:

Is there any way I can use channel loading for hacks in my situation of what's installed on my Wii, without having to use that complex guide? Also, how do I fix the occasional Gecko not finding my SD Codes for games trick..? It's like a 50/50 thing whether it recognizes codes or not but I'm suspicious it's a disc drive reading thing. Anyways, I need more primary help on the channel loading problem so if you could please help with that first, as it is more important to me at the moment.

Thanks for your time.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2009 09:47PM by ayojoe13.
Re: Gecko OS Channel Loading Error
July 02, 2009 09:15PM
Channel loading will only work on 3.3v1 or below. Sorry. :(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2009 09:15PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
July 02, 2009 09:46PM
Are you absolutely sure? The guide I linked to sure shows attitude towards it working on 4.0 Wiis.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2009 09:47PM by ayojoe13.
July 02, 2009 10:18PM
I'm positive...unless you downgrade or install certain IOS's, or something along those methods....
July 02, 2009 10:29PM
Could you guide me to doing that, or link me on how to do this safely. I don't want to break forum rules because I respect the community here. Anything you might suggest?
July 02, 2009 10:35PM
Downgrading is risky. I'll give you a method (its legal!! :D) but you might want to do a NAND backup first. Do you have bootmii installed as boot2?
July 02, 2009 10:39PM
No I do not. I'll install it before I do anything risky though. Go on if you would please. If this includes downgrading my firmware, or anything else that may render games/features of the Wii incompatible, then I may not do it. But please go on anyways.
July 02, 2009 10:42PM
Yeah, the guide you've seen is probably from a fail site such as GBAFail.net, which recommend downgrading IOS and using cIOS and other warez tools which are sure to brick you sooner or later.
July 02, 2009 10:46PM
So what should I do to get Channel Loading to work?
July 02, 2009 10:51PM
Link Removed

According to another wiibrew forum link (i'll find it later) this guide is legal. I used it, and everything worked fine.

Edit: Just make sure you have bootmii installed as boot2 with a NAND backup before you do it.....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2009 01:34AM by Arikado.
July 02, 2009 10:52PM
Alright. I'll PM you about it later. Unless you want to post it in this topic later?
July 02, 2009 10:52PM
You don't need to PM me. That method is supported here.
July 02, 2009 11:04PM
That WiiRD topic you linked to is what I linked to in my OP. I said it looked risky and such, and the moderator who edited my post removed it. I'm not sure what to do.
July 02, 2009 11:04PM
It does seem to be supported here, altough certain steps are things I would strongly advise against. I'm sure some steps could be left out, but I'm not sure which. i'd be dubious about the cIOS stuff and the IOS downgrader, but apparently they are actually legal. However, these are waninkoko stuff, and he has a habit of releasing "homebrew" (i.e. warez tools) which brick people. a lot.
July 02, 2009 11:13PM
Well I downgraded my IOS35 and then Installed it. (It was part of some guide). Do I have to downgrade all of my IOS'?
July 02, 2009 11:46PM
that depends. does gecko os work yet? if not, you still need to downgrade more to get it to work.
July 02, 2009 11:48PM
ayojoe13
That WiiRD topic you linked to is what I linked to in my OP. I said it looked risky and such, and the moderator who edited my post removed it.

I'm wondering why Arikado removed your link to wiird l0nk, but not mine.........Did you post some other warez failure?
July 03, 2009 12:25AM
Here's the link I was talking about where Arikado didn't remove it.....

Wiibrew Forum

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2009 12:25AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
July 03, 2009 01:28AM
ayojoe:
1)Your original post contained epic amounts of fail as well as loads of links. Sorry if one "good" link got killed by my edit. I didn't feel like sorting through trash.
2)Editing over my edits - not smart.

Regarding Downgrading:
In the Wiird forum link theres nothing illegal. But that still doesn't make downgrading a good idea. Use at your own risk.

Redacted: I just noticed there was an archive being distributed with that guide. It contains epic amounts of dangerous fail. While I haven't fully sorted through it yet, I can already tell you that more than half of it isn't supported here. Case closed. Link removed. Topic locked.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2009 01:33AM by Arikado.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.